This has to be a happier blog as the last one was so hard for me to write, and for people to read and take in, it made some cry.

  I am so pleased my Mum is home.

February 1st

At last a walk on the common with Summer and Paul as well.

Still blood and pain from the catheter I will be so pleased when it comes out.

Keeping myself busy doing teddies and knitting.


Will is here for a while, he liked his new hoodie and sweets. This was a late Birthday present from us.
He looks well. His mum dropped him off and his Dad picked him up. He is going home tomorrow.
He said its good to have a few days off. He works long hours, and a lot of them at a disabled home for adults.

Bladder pain plus back pain and for some reason now leg pain as well.
My appetite is getting better and I feel stronger.
I found out today that I was in the Navenby Ward for a few days. I thought I went in the side room the same day. Just shows how out of it I was. Bad days, but over it now. (I mentioned this in my last blog.)


Lindsay and family called in they have all bean ill a bit better now but still not right.
I am learning about things that happened to me last month while in hospital and getting a few flash backs. Also I am still getting strong spasms in my legs and back, more than the usual so its still a bit scary not knowing if its all going to start up again. I have started taking MAGNESIUM tablets at night, they can help sleep. Worth giving it a try anyway.


Today's the day hopefully the catheter will come out for good.
Catheter out just need to do two wees, managed well but pain and blood but that's quite normal. YES its out and stopping out. A good day.
The nurse thinks I am allergic to latex and that's why I had all the pain and problems. Something to remember for next time, yes they'll more than likely be a next time, these seizures are here to stay.
Fair bit of pain in my bladder plus some blood, but its so good to be free from pain up the "Pain up bum" as he was called. Rest in peace mate you did a good job.
Things will calm down as the days go on.


I got weighed 8st 1.8lbs in my pj's. A little bit put back on.

Physio- Told Stephanie about my time inside. Very gentle treatment from her eight needles in my legs and two in my hands plus the calming one in my forehead. The same treatment I had with Nicola as I had no problems with it. So nice to see Stephanie as I have not seen her since before Christmas.
A good session and I felt good afterwards too. Warm this time not cold like last week. That's the problem with RSD even two identical treatments, can and will have different out comes and side affects.


Not a good night, pain and spasms and twitching in my legs and back, pain as well.
Bladder doing well though, less pain no blood so far today. (10-00am)

Going into town with Paul. Just as we got back Paul's sister, Michelle and husband Pete came round to bring me a Birthday card and flowers for next week 13th.

  Flowers from Michelle and Pete.

Quite a lot of pain today had to take OROMORPH this helped quite a bit. Later we went to see two little ones that had just turned one, Riley and Josie, yes twins but they were in bed asleep. So we did not see them. I am making them both a hooded jacket each.

I got two more get well cards, plus one I did not put on my last blog. The middle card just looks like Summer.


Took Summer for her walk on my own. Cold day but nice to be out.
I am keeping myself busy doing craft stuff, knitting and sewing. Pain has eased off a bit now. OROMORPH taken again.


My friend Lyn is here today, we met while having our first babies in hospital nearly thirty five years ago. She brought me presents and a card. While talking to her I had a very strange feeling like I was going to pass out and my head felt like it was going to explode. This did not last long but it was not nice. Lyn did not realise anything was wrong. I have had this before when I was very tired or in a lot of pain.

Poor little Tommy-Lee has tonsillitis but is being very brave.  


Weighed again 8st 2.6 lbs a bit more weight on.
My brother David and sister in law Bev are here to see me today brought presents , two little mini plants.

Plus another present for on the day and a card. Later on my other friend Bev came with presents and a card. Helen and Chris came round and Helen did my hair. Another card and present for me. Had Chinese take away for tea. Helen also did the boys hair. Nice to see them all.

A good day but very tired later and quite a bit of pain what would I do with out OROMORPH I know it has side affects but it does work well for me. As for the side affects you get used to them. Side affects or pain what would you choose?


In town getting more wool for teddy clothes I am knitting for Cilla next door.
A very windy day here as much of this month has bean, with a lot of rain. A lot of damage around the country and flooding in other areas. We have bean quite lucky to escape major damage.

Got a Birthday card from Andrew in Amsterdam so I opened it on Skype so it felt like he was here.
He has got me a twenty pound limited addition coin to come later.

Not too sure if I had another small seizure as I was sat on the chair reading and next thing I knew I was laid across the chair with my head nearly touching the floor, with a bad headache. Bit weird as I was on my own so still not sure. Have I had them before and not know ?


Happy Birthday to me.
Lindsay phoned up and sung Happy Birthday to me with Tommy-Lee and Jamie-Lee, Jay-Jay was at school. Nice surprise

Lots of presents and cards. A notebook cooler from Wayne, You put a laptop on it and it stops your legs becoming hot. I am using it at the moment and it works very well.

Me using my laptop and new notebook cooler.

 Flowers from Paul.

Doctor Who DVDs from Paul and flowers.  A diary from Summer.
Money from his Mum and Dad, Chocolates, perfume, soap, planter from friends. Plus the presents I already mentioned.

Lots of presents.

My cards.

A plant and card from Cilla and Ben from next door, plus a card from her cleaner.

Cilla and Ben's present.

Physio- Same as last week with ACUPUNCTURE. I had a massage on my lower back and left hip to try to help the pain as its bean quite bad the last few days. Stephanie kept asking me if I was alright. This was quite painful hopefully it will help. A second year student was an observer to watch and learn. Stephanie and Nicola are third year students so in May they will be moving on to other things. I hopefully will carry on with the second year students.

While at physio Paul had put up Birthday balloons and a banner. A very nice touch to come home to.

On the wall also is the rug I made last year.

All decorated up.

Lindsay and family came round later with cards and pear drops from the boys. She is buying me a smoothie maker later when back in stock. Tracy came as well with presents and card. Badedas bath and shower stuff. I think this is my favourite one.  A cake and birthday song later as well. Thank you to everyone who got me cards and presents. After being so ill, this is one Birthday I looked forward to.

Paul cooked me a Birthday tea. Steak, chip with mushrooms, grilled tomatoes and peas very nice. Summer had steak as well
A very good day all round apart from pain.


Bad night PAIN in my back and hip shooting down my leg. This often is the case after massage but feels a lot better later usually the next day.

Looked after Jay-Jay and Tommy-Lee later as Lindsay had to take little Jamie-Lee to the Doctors she is not very well at all. High temperature crying a lot which is not like her at all. Lindsay thinks it her ears.

Jay-Jay and Tommy-Lee had a go on the sewing machine with me helping, they made a bag each.

Tommy-Lee drew a picture on his.

They liked doing it, so very happy. I was machining teds earlier, slight problem with the cotton reel holder it got stuck and dropped inside the machine when I tried to get it out. So its going into the repair shop tomorrow.  I can do without it for a while so not too big a problem.

Lindsay came back and said Jamie-Lee has an ear infections in both ears. Poor little thing she was crying in pain sat in the car. Jay-Jay and Tommy-Lee got ready and went home. They were both pleased they had a go on the machine and made their bags.


Took the machine to repair shop not a big job they said. Also having it serviced, it's done a lot of work lately as I've used it on most of the teds. My foot gave way in the shop and I nearly fell over. The same thing happened just as I was getting in the car causing me to scrape my leg on the bottom of the door frame. Its like my foot just goes though water instead of solid ground. This has happened before a few times usually it means I fall over or fall into things like the door frame.The same place where I scraped it before when I slipped off the chair. Pain apart from leg, is pretty good. Hip has calmed down and feels a lot better.

Very sore burning pain and hot. Not as bad as the last time I scraped it.
The last time. My leg was getting cleaned up and a new dressing put on it.
This picture was taken on the 8th of July 2011.

Still, not as bad as last time. This was caused when I slipped off a chair July 5th 2011.
I even ran that night, club handicap with a lint dressing on my leg. This I was to regret as it stuck to my leg. My leg got worse as the days went on. I ended up having burn type dressing, dressed every day for eleven days then after that I changed the dressing myself. The leg got infected as well ANTIBIOTICS. I have a sore throat today and a bit of a sniffle not really a cold though.

Lindsay and co came round for a little while but Jamie-Lee was not too good. Tommy-Lee has recovered from his tonsillitis now. 


A lot of pain and burning from my leg. Helping Paul clean up and a bit of knitting. Writing this blog as well, a lot easier than the last one.
A sunny warm day here quite a spring like day. Lovely on the common went on twice.


Paul and I are going to Ingoldmells for the day I quite like the seaside in the winter. When we got there most of the shop were closed. We found a place to eat "The Copper Kettle" very nice and all freshly cooked. The lady kept apologising because she had a lot of meals to do. This was the only busy place we went in. In some of the shops we were the only ones in there.

We nearly got hit by another car pulling out and not looking. Paul did a emergency stop, I shot forward and pulled my back and neck. Not too bad though it did not ruin the day Even the RSD was good and did not play up too much.

On the way back we stopped at Pennells and got a plant pot and orchid compost so I can re pot them.

Grazed leg is quite swollen and sore, also my ankle is swollen and tender may be I pulled it or something.


Throat very sore and husky voice. Having a quite day knitting and resting .
Phoned my friend Russ who has had a hernia operation he is doing well, sore but at home I wish him all the best.


Throat very sore looks like an ulcer at the back. Earache as well very hot. I changed the sheets and washed them, it was nice windy during day for a change.
I have bean taking ECHINACEA tablets they seem to help me, it takes away the worst of it anyway.

Night time we joined Lindsay for a carvery meal out. Very good it was, I ate quite well in between coughing. A good night. Jamie-Lee is a lot better and ate very well. I even managed to get my  smoothie maker from Lindsay and co, a good night.


Still not too good coughing up stuff now so it looks like its on my chest as well, quite hot. I am hoping to get away without ANTIBIOTICS.

Made a smoothie but only had banana, apple and honey plus milk it was very nice. 

My new smoothie maker very easy to use.

Physio day.

Stephanie did the same as last week with the needles, 8 in legs, 3 in each hand a extra one this week to help my throat. Massage and heat lamp on lower back and both hips. This was very good even though at times it hurt. Another second year student was in on the session.

We called and got frozen fruit, berries that sort of thing to use in the smoothie maker.
Later in the afternoon I felt light headed and very tired cold as well.

Paul got an award from the running club, The Chairman's trophy for his work doing the booklets and other admin things.

Paul and Martin.


Big day today I have all three grand children from eight thirty onwards till Lindsay comes back. She is at a funeral. We played cards, even Jamie, she had the jokers. A game called go fish and pontoon. Tommy-Lee won most of the time.
When it came to Jamie-Lee's sleep time she would not let me do her nappy. She was running around without one on and sat in Summers basket. Eventually I got one on and she got in her buggy and had a little sleep. Ben came round to play also. They all played together upstairs and outside. Later my friend John came round for a cup of tea. He found it bit noisier than usual. Ben's Mum Nez popped in later as I saw her going pass with Emi. Jamie and Emi played as well but Jamie is quite rough at times and kept knocking her over. Every time she cuddled her better. Emi is very dainty We joke that she will do ballet and Jamie will be a rugby player. On the whole they got on well. All the boys decided to go back with Ben so a bit quieter, only Jamie who can be very noisy at times.
Lindsay got back about six and had a bit of quite time, then went and got the boys and headed off home. Along day but good as well.


Voice not too good and chest very tight. Still coughing up stuff. I feel cold then hot I think that's the infection, almost certain I have in my chest. Back is sore from massage and my right wrist is swollen and hurts. A lot quieter day nice in a different way. I love have the children here I just wish I could do more with them.


A better all round with pain and no extra pain tablets OROMORPH either.

My leg has improved so much just about better now.

Summer had a bath the first one for a long time so white and fluffy now. Still a ginger chin- this is from staining from water and the common, most westies have it some a lot worse than Summers.

I will not be clean for long Mum.Wait till I get on the common and roll in all that mud and horse Poo. It does feel good though, to be clean and smelling nice.

Paul and I had a few games on the WII. One game called the CUBE Paul did very well first attempt on two games I was down to my last life and failed to beat the cube.

At night time I spoke to my RSD friend Billy who lives in Spain. He has had RSD for less than a year so in the early stages. So nice to be able to talk to some one that under stands what I am gong through. I told him if he has any questions I will try to help him. Theirs always Wietse as well.

An awful of spasms later though out my body some painful. This could be a bit of extra strain from playing on the WII or just the RSD playing up again, the moon, who knows? Bed four thirty.


Whole body hurts not a good night spasms continued and I did not sleep much at all. I felt very light headed on the common. Apart from that, good walk, nice almost a spring like day. Some of this could be down to my chest problem but I know a lot is down to the RSD. I think it has woken up. For the last few weeks after all the hospital stuff it seemed to take a back seat. Now it could be ready for a another fight. A quite knitting and sewing day.


Weight still eight stone four pounds.

I spoke to Doctor Mehta he agrees I have a chest infection and he has put me on ANTIBIOTICS two a day for a week. I am coughing up a lot of yellow stuff and also blood.There is a place in Bath that treats chronic pain conditions---   http://www.rnhrd.nhs.uk/page/79--- He is willing to refer me when I need to go there. At the moment there is no need as the RSD is not too bad. (Thank you Billy)

Went into town on my own today this was nice. I now feel better in myself apart from my chest which is quite tight. Hip not so good and shoulders are not as good as there were. But I am better than I was.


At last I am ready to go to Pilates I have missed it, but have bean doing a bit at home but its not the same as a class session. I did pretty good, even did the one legged balance at the end. I was pleased with myself. I got given a book called "Mindfulness for Health". This explains in easy terms how to cope with pain and everything that comes with it. I have started reading it and its very interesting.
Thank you Jo. Some of the hints I do already, like music to keep the brain occupied and trying to keep busy

I felt a lot looser later on in the day as well. I could ache tomorrow though. Very tired later but I could not switch off. Bed after four even then I did not sleep well.  


Physio-- Stephanie did about the same as last week as this seems to work for me, without my body going into melt down mode. Treatment was four needles in each leg, two in each wrist, one in each of my arms and the soothing one in my forehead. My legs were warm that's a change they are usually cold to ice cold. My arms were very cold though. After the needles were taken out I had a nice soothing massage on my lower back and shoulders. This was very nice, shoulders hurt, but not too bad. My shoulders have bean very tingly with electric shocks again. Well at least my hips are a bit better. Walked home today and bought a book about smoothie recipes. Some very interesting ones to try out. At the moment I just put things in I like and hope for the best. Some good some not so good. As I use it more I will put on my blog a few different ideas or strange ones knowing me. After all I like jelly baby sandwiches- good but big sugar rush.

Later on I had a headache other wise feeling good. Legs now cold and arms are too even after a bath.
Chest infection doing well.


Bad head it feels very tight and when I bend forward it makes it worse. Every so often I have a soft lump that comes up on the right side of my head. Just feels like I have  bumped it or bean hit over the head very soft and quite painful. I think its to do with the Fibromyalgia. Also my skin is hot not like me at all usually cold. This could be to do with the chest infection I have.

My friend Carol popped in to see Paul and I, so nice to see her its bean quite a while. I used to run with her.- Happy days.

Paul and I went to meet Loren the girl who helped me when I was ill in the university cafe. (11th Dec).  I wanted to thank her for everything she and her boyfriend did. I got them a box of Thorntons chocolates.
She is a lovely girl and I am very pleased to have met her. I wish her well in everything she does and I hope she achieves all she wants to do. Saw a few of the physios there as well.

Paul and I had fish chips and mushy peas for dinner, very nice it was too. We got a bit of shopping mostly fruit and veg for the smoothie maker. I am making different ones, you could say experimenting. So far they have all bean good. Made one today of spinach, cucumber apple and grapes. The colour looked like I had blended a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle tasted good though.

This is a better month for me, well things could not have got much worse could they? My brain seems to be in gear and working well. Sometimes I struggle a lot with writing and computer work. Lack of sleep and pain does not help.

To all my friends, I hope things are going well for you all.
Summers on its way so warm days ahead. I do hope so. All my love Gill.

The shame I have to share the chair with POO BEAR.
Maybe if I look the other way he will disappear.


Unknown said...

Glad that things are going better and that you can get referred to Bath. Love Billy

Gill Pyrah said...

Thank you Bily hope things go well for you. Love Gill.

Leaving comments...

Some people I am told are having trouble leaving a comment.This should help.

Click on to comment next to envelope, at bottom of each posting, write comment, copy Text in box the same as shown, choose ID, click on anonymous, see preview, publish.

You can always leave your name in the comment if you wish.