December 1st

Made Christmas number one, I am only making two this year. My friend John would like a sponge cake instead. Everyone else that's it, no more cakes for them. One year I made thirteen cakes. I also made chilli for tea, Paul said it was hot. I have not got my taste, or sense of smell back yet after having COVID.   


Started making my friend John a pair of gloves with 4ply wool, but this did not go too well. Problems with my fingers. So I changed to double knitting wool this went a lot better. Not sure why I could not knit with the 4ply as I have made many pairs of gloves and hats with it. My hands can be good at times, and at others, they will not do what I want them to do. It's like having a pair of boxing gloves on. Andrews's hoddie is going well though. I ache a lot today just about everywhere.


Made cake number two today so that's my lot this year, just need to marzipan them and ice them. I finished off glove one for John so it was a good thing I changed the wool or I think I would still be messing around with knitting them. 


Out for dinner today with Paul and some of his group. I have not bean out for a meal for ages, in fact, I have not bean anywhere apart from the common. The meal was good a Christmas-type one for me. With still having no taste it was a bit like, well, weird. Hopefully, it will soon be recovered and I am able to taste once again. The trouble is when a lot of people get together there is also noise and this is not good for me. One lady is very loud and makes herself heard where ever she is. At times it was a bit much for me. I did enjoy it, nice to get out for a change.


I have finished off John's gloves now I did not take a picture, as same as Roberto's gloves. I am making Andy a pair also I think there will be just about enough wool. I have bean having a lot of nose bleeds just lately. The tablets I take for my heart condition, I have bean told they are making an existing problem worse. Also a lot of dizzy spells too. Just another thing to put up with. 


While out today, on Summer and my walk I noticed the leaves that are still on the trees, were coming off and it looked like it was snowing. I think the frost and cold have just about left a lot of the trees bare, there are still some with leaves but very few now. Afternoon shopping in town I did very well with presents too. I had to ring Paul up to pick me up as I could not have carried them further than I did. Another mile to go was a bit much. 


It would have bean my Dad's 100th birthday today. Happy Birthday, Dad. Even though it is now nearly eighteen years I still miss him and Mum very much. Also, my Brother Phillip who was seventeen. Not going today to visit them. 

Ironing and a bit on the computer. I have started Andy's gloves so will soon see if I have enough wool. I added another colour on the wrist so it should be enough. Did a bit more of Andrews hoddie this is going well. I have put a poster in the window saying that I can make things in knitting and also pictures of things I have made. Another cold night a lot of things have bean got at by the frost, so there is quite a bit of gardening and tidying up to do. Then it will look very bare, but this is the time when the garden rests, ready for next Spring.


Went to see Mum, Dad, and Phillip at the garden of rest. Very cold so did not stay as long as I would have liked. Put new flowers on.  Also, visited my past next-door neighbour's grave. I left flowers for them. 


Another very cold morning, Summer and I saw Mary and she said she was very cold, Rory was running around as usual. Paul is at football I am pleased I am not, at least when I ran I was moving. Finished off the gloves for Andy I just made it the wool I had left was around three feet.  I now can concentrate more on Andrews's hoddie.   


Went into town Christmas shopping with Paul. We got quite a lot of things. We split up and when Paul had finished he went home. I still had things to do so I walked home later. I saw Mary and her Granson Kayland, he is flying to Austria tomorrow so just getting the last-minute bits. Got back just before it got dark and cold.   


Very cold again on the common hands were blue and white and very painful, and that's with two pairs of gloves on. Squidgy, a Neighbour from two doors away that moved a while back came around. Things are going well with the build for his extension to the bungalow. Early next year they should be in and everyone should have more room. Good to see him, next week he will bring Emmie around to see us. Kaylan came to see Andrew be for he left tomorrow he was a bit stressed but left happier than he came. A lady saw my knitting poster and asked me to knit two cardigans and a pram blanket for her. I was pleased and  maybe there will be more orders


Very cold again still -2c at 9am and it did not get much warmer after the sun came out.

Very frosty and cold.

I Scrubbed the kitchen and bathroom floor today took an hour and a half. Looked and felt a lot cleaner. A bit more knitting of Andrew's hoodie.  Started a little cardigan for the lady going well doing a bit of that and a bit of Andrews hoodie. Gives my hands a rest as fewer stitches for a baby cardigan.


Another cold walk on the common, Summer does not seem to mind the cold at all. She just plays with her ball and has a good time.  The morning was different, to say the least. Doing my Blog, but the laptop decided it was not going to be helpful today. Took ages to load up then was slow.  People at the door, deliveries, and phone calls. One thing that was nice, was a visit from a friend that I have not seen in a while. That was lovely, after Christmas, I am going to see her as she lives quite close now.  Dentist, all good there, just a check-up, polish and clean up, twenty-three pounds later I left.  A little bit of shopping then home. Summer was pleased to see me after a chew for her, we sat and cuddled on my chair, and she was very happy I was home. Summer was sick a few times today I think she might have picked up something off the common. She is always finding things to eat, some not always very good for her. 


Another very cold walk my hands were white and blue again. Saw Debbie and Monty also Mary and Rory. He had bean to the groomers and looked very smart. We started walking and noticed Summer was standing there just watching us. I looked for horses but there were none. She does not like them. Mary said I know what it is, she did not get a treat when we first met. Mary said, come for a treat then, she ran towards us, and she and Rory got one each. One happy Summer again what a cheeky little dog.  Sorted out some different gloves for tomorrow. Hopefully, my hands will be warmer and less painful. I can use hand warmers but they do not last long and it's not really a good idea to have your hands in your pockets on the common in case you trip. Paul is shopping today and Lindsay has gone with him.


Early hours of the morning I fell near the shed, just slipped on the ice that had formed. I think water started dripping off the roof and formed a puddle then froze. I went with a crash on my back and bum, hitting my head as I went down. I thought I had really hurt my arm and back as I could not move for quite a while. I was shaking some with cold -5c that night and some with pain. After what seemed a long time I slowly got up. My back and arm hurt so much. I had a big bump on my head at the back. I sat for quite a while before I went to bed. This could have bean a lot worse as I could have gone forward on my hands, broke my wrist or worse. or even knocked myself out. I did wonder if Summer would have stayed with me or just gone to bed. I had left the door open a bit so she could get in and not wait for me to lock up the shed. I did not wake Paul up, he could have done nothing anyway.  Overnight awake a lot, in pain. 


Big bruise on my bum and lower back very sore shoulder and arm I can hardly move without pain. A very big lump at the back of my head, but apart from that ok. Had Jamie-Lee most of the day she was good and we played games. Summer seems to be fine now so it must have bean something she picked up off the common.


Yesterday I iced the Christmas cakes, only two this year like I said. Jamie-Lee here again for a bit. We played games again and started a Harry Potter puzzle, she loves anything to do with Harry Potter. We also went on the common with Summer who played with her ball and both enjoyed themselves a lot.


Cleaning up today got so much done then stopped till later. My friend Jenny came round to see me. She got a roll for her dinner, and could not get it open. I tried to cut it with the scissors, but took off part of her nail instead, which made her shout out. I was so, so sorry. She was ok and managed to file it in a shape of sorts. She said the roll was horrible after all that. Paul was trying to get the water heater to work properly, something it has not done for quite a few weeks now. He somehow managed to make it worse, it did not work at all then. He worked on it some more and made it a lot better in the end. We now have very hot water instead of just barely hot. I had a nice hot bath later with salts in for my back and bum bruises. Lindsay's friend has asked me to make her Daughter a pair of gloves. These will not take long as she is only nine. I now have a selection of things to knit,


Made John his sponge cake it felt a bit heavy so not sure how it will taste. John will soon tell me when he gets it. Squidgy and Emmie came round and gave them presents for Ben (Emmie's Brother) and Emmie. Their bungalow work is going well and soon will be finished, Next year I will be able to see it all done.


Taking presents out to relatives today. His Mum and Dad, Paul's Brother Malcum and wife Pam. Also, my Brother David and his wife Bev, whose Birthday is today. Garry was there as well my Nephew. They have two dogs and both were sniffing the present bag. Bits for them inside. Came home and cooked tea then a bit more knitting. Wayne and Kayleigh are not well flue like bug. It's doubtful Wayne will be here for Christmas. Kayleigh is at her relations for Christmas day if well enough, so just Wayne here. 


Wayne is not well enough to come so he will be missed. Hopefully at the end of the year or next year.


Merry Christmas everyone, hope you have a good day. I am looking after Andy's cat while he is at his Mum and Dad. He is a very loving cat and likes a lot of fuss. Also, there is another cat who Andy has named Bob, I did not see him at all. Andy left them a Stocking for today with their favourite bits in it. Christmas dinner there was seven of us. Tommy-Lee was not well, so was not here Jack did not turn up either. (friend of the family) Everything was cooked well, Lindsay helped me put it out as that gets me very mixed up and I forget whose meal is whose. Andrew said he had a good day as well. Took the cats some turkey but only smudge there. He ate it all. Summer had turkey as well and enjoyed it too.

Summer enjoying her day she kept these on for ages.


Jay-Jay and his girlfriend Molly came to see us all. Not really sean Molly much at all, so it was nice to see them both together. Andy came back from his Mum and Dads, he said Smudge was very pleased to see him. Spoke to John he said his cake was lovely, good I said. John all so liked his gloves and said they felt very warm on. 


A very windy day got the bedding out and it has all dried. I can not remember the last time I put washing out. Very cold and windy on the common, We saw Mary who I have not seen since be for Christmas and of course Rory.  A nice but very fresh walk on the common. For Andrew's hoodie, I need two circular needles for the hood and neck, ordered them today on Amazon. 


Summer seems to be off it a bit, she is sleeping more. Could just be the after-Christmas tiredness, but she is not usually like this. She is eating her tea as normal though so maybe she is just tired. I have now finished off the pram blanket. 

Hope she likes it.

Paul has got this virus that is going around with cough and cold-like symptoms. He was hoping to get some cough stuff to ease the coughing. The chemist said he could not have it as he was diabetic. I think in Paul's case it would not have mattered.


The last day of 2022 what will next year bring?? Summer is being sick with a lot of yellow-green flem. stuff. She is not eating her tea now, I have done her scrambled egg which she did eat. But she was sick again later what is wrong with her?

Andrew and I watched the firework display from around us lot going on and plenty of bangs and colour. Summer watched too barking and doing her usual protecting. I thought she was picking up a bit but she was sick again later, the same as before. 

Well, another year passed by. I think 22022 was getting back to near normal after the CVID PANDEMIC. Not too bad for me, what will next year bring? All the best to you all and hope next year is a good one for everyone Love Gill.

Our Beautiful, pretty, funny, little Westie Summer, passed away on the sixth of January at six am in Andrew's arms. The pain in my heart was real I think it just broke. She was twelve but acted more like she was six. She had everything to live for. We were told to start with by the vets, (5th Jan) that it was gastroenteritis. She took blood from her and phoned up later to tell us it was Antifreeze poisoning and nothing could be done as her kidneys had packed up. Even if we had taken her sooner it would have bean no good as the damage was done to her tiny body straight away. My baby had bean poisoned by antifreeze. How am I going to live without her? Our hearts are broken. She was my life. Love Gill.


Rest in Peace, my little girl.

There will be no January Blog.  

No comments:

Leaving comments...

Some people I am told are having trouble leaving a comment.This should help.

Click on to comment next to envelope, at bottom of each posting, write comment, copy Text in box the same as shown, choose ID, click on anonymous, see preview, publish.

You can always leave your name in the comment if you wish.