October 1st.

Paul here today to pick me up from Halifax and to also take the bags of garden rubbish to the skip. Andrew came with him.

Paul and I got all the rubbish away as planned. After changing we all went out to The Chinese Buffet for dinner. Wayne treated us all, thank you Wayne. The food was very good all you can eat, one price for everything. Andrew was pleased with his, he is a vegetarian so not everyone caters for him. Better than it used to be though. After we were all full we headed back to Wayne's for a while.

Soon it was time to go back to Lincoln. I have not seen Summer since Tuesday so she will be very excited.

On the way I heard something rattling we turned off the radio and heard a dragging noise from the car. Paul pulled into a lay by and looked under the car. the back end of the exhaust was hanging off.
He pulled it off and put it in the car. We set off once more, even with out part of the exhaust it did not seem any noisier. We arrived home a little bit later than planned. No more bits dropping off the car. Summer was waiting for us and was really pleased when she saw me.

I gave her a treat and a little later her tea. She sat with me for the rest of the night.


Took Summer for her walk nice to be back on the common. I know I walked a lot at Halifax but, walking with a dog is different, and the common is so nice..Since I have bean away the trees have started to loose their leaves and are looking a bit bare, not as green as Ireland. 

Trying to do my Blog but not going very well. My laptop decided to close down as it needed an update.
After this it seemed to behave better and things went along nicely. There are a lot of pictures to put on and write up.

Paul got the exhaust around £600.00 something we could have done without.


Accue today and I am pleased as my shoulders are very tight from working on my Blog yesterday a lot of it I think.

The treatment was five needles in each knee, and fourteen in my back and neck. The man who treated me was a new student called Alan. A massage after and I was fit to go. Very gentle touch he had. I had to hurry up as my B12 injection was in twenty five minutes. I hurried along only to be met by barriers stopping me from going any further. A lot of work is going on in Lincoln at the moment. I got round these only to be met by more. I thought I would be late, but no just on time as got through the door. I was soon called and had the injection. Not too painful this time either. I said to the nurse I thought I was going to be late. We both agreed that if you are on time the Doctors will be late and if you are late the Doctors will early.

When I had my bath later, I had more feeling in my right shoulder. This is usually quite dead.  


Pilate's on my bike again very windy too. Back side wind going so it will be hard on the way back.
Pilate's was quite tough, whether it was because I had missed two weeks or just overall pain not too sure. Anyway as usual I did my best. As I thought it was head wind and cold on the way back. Arrived home with a Rosy glow.

Ireland Blog finished and published. The biggest one I think I have done to date. Slightly late but there were a lot of problems doing it and this like I said a very big one. If you have not looked yet, give it a go lots of pictures from Ireland plus others.

Another cold day winter is here or very close. Angela is going to York for a few day with a friend. Her favourite place she loves it. Have a good time both of you.

Fair bit of pain today more FIBROMYALGIA than RSD I think. The cold weather does not help either.


Age UK today I missed being there as well, they too had missed me. Jenny was back from her holiday. Quite busy too neither of us could remember prices or even think right. With in five minutes of being there I split sugar, asked a man if he had bean done (lucky he saw the funny side some don't) and nearly poured a coffee into the scones. Things had to get better. Or did they No--- the fire alarm went off everyone out. After being in the cold for around ten or fifteen minutes the fire truck came. They left, not sure what it was but back in we go. Some of the meals had to be redone but apart from that everyone alright. One lady had to be carried out on a blanket thing. but I think she enjoyed it.

First day back what next--- nothing much I did break the bin though, by bashing the coffee portafilter from the cappuccino machine with a bit too much force. Was a plastic bin though. I said to the boss just take it out of my wages!!!  Just a bit of shopping then home. Not a good day for pain as far too much, not responding to tablets either.

Early hours of the morning I took these pictures of the moon. A Harvest moon I think, so bright and full.



Jay-Jay was going to stay the night in the tent with two of his friends, but things did not work out so on my own.

Angela's back from York. She had a good time. Brought me back some gifts, thank you Angela I am pleased you had a good time. 

Still ache a lot but I have had worse things will hopefully settle down soon. I think a lot of this could be FIBO but the weather has changed as well. As most know the cold is not a friend to RSD.


This day no relief from the dreaded pain. Cleaning the bedrooms but this did not help too much to get away from the pain. Sometimes, or a lot of time with me doing something will help. I suppose the brain has something else to focus on. Well that's the way it seems to work with me, mind over matter maybe ????

Did a few loads of washing but it decide to rain after a windy sunny start. Rained all day and a lot of the night cold too. Wayne said it was very cold in Halifax. I took extra pain relief but still went to bed in extra pain. Hopefully tomorrow will be better.

Summer enjoying a Pupachino (Cappuccino) She has got a liking for these and when Andrew starts the machine up, her ears prick up. She only has a bit of the frothed up milk in her special cup.


This is how if makes her feel after, all relaxed


In town today as quite of shopping to get I usually do it after Age UK but I am quite tired and end up just getting the things I need. I do like it when I can to have a good look round.

Quite funny--- because I got a wood axe and was walking past these two ladies and they freaked out went OH OH OH and moved quickly away. What did they think I was going to do CHOP THEM UP?????
Well on with the shopping, from a charity shop I got a Yahtzee game for words I did not know there was one. We have the numbers one and its played quite a bit with Jay-Jay and Andrew.

Andrew is is in London, at a demonstration for legalising medical cannabis outside the Houses of  Parliament. They are having a tea party with infused cakes and other things, he got a lot of filming done for Smokers Guide.


Pilate's again this seems to come around very quickly, very windy and cold mostly head wind coming back. So pleased I got this bike. A fair session but still far too much pain. Worth going though, the moves might help. I did go to bed in a lot less pain this time.


Well the less pain did not last long even my head hurts when I brush my hair. I feel like I am walking directly on my bones. Drying myself the towel hurt, tired as well the last week little sleep has come my way. Too hot, too cold, pain, burning like being on a BBQ, hypersensitive all over as well. Just about the lot. Well things can only get better hopefully.
Someone said have you had enough sleep. NO I have CHRONIC INSOMNIA they know that, but still ask if I slept well regularly. Its like asking a man with one leg if his leg has grown back yet.


Wow Friday again and Age UK A very busy day as well, MANIC is the word. So busy, I broke the fridge but is was easily mended when I got time. I said to a lady it was lamb pudding instead of lemon. She laughed then asked for mint sauce and I even went to get it for her until she said its for my lamb pudding. A good day though still more pain than usual but I think its beginning to back off now.
We found out today the fire alarm last week was caused by a football hitting it, and raising the alarm.


Not a good night awake most of it, hot cold pain discomfort.

Jay-Jay is here hopefully with his friends sleeping in the garden. They arrived to put up the tent, there was going to be three of them plus Jay-Jay, but things changed and only two stayed. The weather is a bit warmer well quite a bit more like late Summer. Whats coming next frost and snow.

I have bean told by a few Doctors and Physios that if I was in a more settled climate my RSD would be a lot better. I don't respond very well to temperature changes, Britain has more changeable weather I think than most countries. Somewhere like Spain would be ideal. But I don't think that will happen any time soon.

I was asked to sit with Ben and Emmie (two doors away) at short notice, dinner time. I said yes if it was OK with Paul. He was away for the day, so had to hold off saying yes/no till I spoke to him. As Jay-Jay and the boys would be in the garden so needed  someone there, even though I would be only a two fences away. Paul said it would be alright and he would keep an eye on them.

He came home after a good day so I went to sit with the children two doors away. Ness and Squidge had bean asked to a 50th Birthday so they decide to go at the last minute hence the late request for a child sitter.. 

The boys ended coming round to me for an hour and played with Emmie.  The children as usual were no trouble. Emmie and I watched a bit of U tube and coloured for a while. Ben was mostly up stairs on his PS4.

Weird--- watching someone on U tube colour its quite relaxing, strange as she was dressed as a clown, but its for children. Emmie got tired so I took her to bed. She settled after only one story, and was asleep when her Mum and Dad got back which I think must be nice for them. They had had a good time and were slightly worse for wear. Stopped a short while talking to them, because I had promised the boys a fire. I did not want them having one while I was not there. Paul was there but he was in side.

The fire went well, just enough draft to keep it burning bright and warm. Stopped outside till early morning then went in.The boys went to sleep soon after. That was after a early morning pizza. one lad was asleep so he missed out.

Andrew had bean on a rare night out and came home soon after. He had had a good night, so we were all quite happy.


Really bad night for me pain, hot a lot of the time. The overnight temperature was a lot higher than it has bean the last few days. I think we had a high of 23/24c  during the day, not dropping much either at night. Hence the unsettled night. This is winter we had colder summer days.

Wietse always said to me living in Spain or France would help my RSD and the other things a lot because of the steady temperature. Not like here changing just about everyday. I don't think I would move, but the thought is very temping.

The boys had a good sleep. Paul made them sausage sandwiches for breakfast and I did them some chips for dinner. More boys and girls arrived later in the day. I asked them all to go around six. They all left and I got tea ready.


Fair night but short as usual. I do feel like I have slept though.
The sun is very strange red and big. The news reporters are saying it's the sand from the desert and the tail end of one of the storms.

Summer had her trim today and a bath. She looks lovely and white now. The last time she was cut was June. I did not realise it had bean this long. Maxine still cuts her and does an excellent job.  Maxine mobile dog Groomers.

 Looking very posh.


Pilate's today things did not go too well. As many of you know I have a bit of a problem with my joints. They are very loose and at times move and pop out of place. I have never yet had a complete dislocation but a partial one. this happened today during a class. My right shoulder joint moved. The pain was terrible shooting down my arm and making my fingers cold and numb. I had to stop moving my arm and try to massage it back in to place. This took a while and Jo came across to help, but I said I think I can get it back. After quite a while it moved back into place, still painful and hand just about dead, but better than it was. I sat just doing the legs moves or just the left arm. When it was the end of the class my shoulder was still very sore, but I had some movement. I was able to ride home, a very painful ride and the country roads are not like the motorway roads. 

Over the rest of the afternoon it got move flexible and less pain. Still a bit tight but a lot better.


Arm not too bad  still sore but better than yesterday. Cleaning down stairs today. In the afternoon went to see my friend Joy, she has had a flu like virus and has bean quite ill. She told me to keep away until she had improved a bit so I had less chance of getting it. A nice afternoon just spent catching up and drinking tea. Home for tea Chinese today so no cooking for me.


Age UK again. A few moaney ones but on the whole quite a good day with customers. Not as busy as last week but steady. My shoulder and arm felt very sore, doing the coffee machine did not help much. Not a lot of people have bean shown or trained as they call it to use the machine so its down to me to make them all. This can range from two or three, to fifteen or more.
By the time I left I hurt most places, one pain seems to start another off and soon its most places, tired as well.


Posh tea out today at the local Pennells Nursery tea room.

 This was between two of us so quite a lot.

Very nice too felt well stuffed after. Took Summer for a walk later so this helped with my full belly.  I did not eat for the rest of the day. My knees are bad today very painful. IBS played up later I thought it would as too much cake stuff.


Visit from my friend John today, I had made cakes in the morning so he was well pleased as he likes home made cake very much. An enjoyable chat with him we have not seen each other for a while so it was good to catch up.


Woke up feeling very heavy headed and dizzy tired too. A lot of pain everywhere. Sorting out toy cupboard later as Jamie-Lee has grown out of her toddler toys. Shooting pain in my heal and very tender at times.

An extra one to stay for the night, one of Andrews friends Chris, he is moving to a new place and its not ready yet. Home made curry for tea very nice, veg one for Andrew. He said that was good too  Chris joined us for tea as well he enjoyed the curry too. Knitting later a bit more of the baby jacket. Going quite well, an easy pattern, that is a favourite one of mine which I have done many times in various colours.


Short night around three hours in bed then awake twice. 

Pilate's went quite well but a lot of pain and spasms. Windy and cold around my ears. I am going to get a balaclava to put under my bike helmet that should help keep my ears warm.


A lot of pain around my right heal today not sure why, as I have not hurt it as far as I know. But when has RSD needed an excuse to cause pain?  Burning around shoulders and nerve rash again.

Lindsay and Jamie-Lee are here later in the afternoon. Lindsay is still not right but the hospital is just monitoring her. She is suffering a lot and spends a lot of time laid down in the dark. Jamie-Lee has a cold.

Jamie-Lee and I played with the Barbies and a play house with figures. She had a good time and so did I and it gave Lindsay a rest. The boys did not come today, now they are getting older it's more fun to spend time with their friends. I did see a lot of Jay-Jay when he stayed here and will see Tommy-Lee soon.

Chris is here as well for another night should be in his new place tomorrow. He said I should have a sign outside saying HOTEL as so many people have come and gone over the last few months.
I like people here so I have someone to talk to at nights.


Age UK...very busy today lots of little orders that took time. A few awkward ones as well. Well tired when I left. Eye test at three, eyes for reading have got a bit worse so new glasses needed, more paying out nearly hundred pounds they will be ready next week.

Out with Tracy later for her fifty Birthday meal. Paul, Andrew, Lindsay and Jamie-Lee. Her mum and Dad are here too. Her sister and children were coming but are ill with a stomach virus in a Lincoln hotel. Hope they recover very soon. Shame for Tracy as she does not see them much, they live London way. A good night and a very nice meal for everyone. Took Summer some chicken which she was pleased about.


On our walk this morning Summer and I saw a squirrel it was making a strange noise like a distressed cat. I thought it was trapped or in pain. I watched it for a while thinking I will have to go and help it out, then it shot from the tree and calmly walked off. So still not sure what it was doing, maybe it was calling its mate.

Washing the bedding and later doing the ironing dried well as so windy. I put my my under electric blanket on the bed so warm to get into when needed.

Wayne is here tomorrow to stay for the night so like Chris said, Hotel. Will be good to see him as not since I stayed there looking after Timmy cat.


Average sleep even though the clock went back an hour this does not really affect me much, as up the same time, well earlier if you go by yesterdays time. Blanket helped as the bed was warm so soothed my pain a bit.

Wayne is on his way and Paul is picking him up from Newark. Wayne arrived around dinner time no problems on the rail way this time. He is doing well but very busy at work. They are taking on new staff very soon so hopefully this will take a bit of weight off his shoulders.

I cooked a nice tea for us all, chicken and all the extras strogganoff  veg pie for Andrew, everyone enjoyed the meal, I was well stuffed.

In a lot of pain today from my heal and most everywhere else. Despite taking extra pills the pain refuses to go. Bed around 5.3oam after a bad nose bleed. This did make my head feel better though.
Sleep did not come straight away even though I felt exhausted. Finally fell asleep around 6am even then awake a few times.


Not up till around 9.45am, I feel wreaked, so tired.  Hopefully our walk will make me feel more alive. Not as much violent pain so far today, Lindsay and Jamie-Lee came for dinner. Paul cooked us all chips and pancake roll. Jay-Jay came round later, Tommy-Lee was at a friends house. They are still off School for half term.

Much too soon it was time for Wayne to head off home. Paul took him to Newark Station.
Good to see him again and Lindsay and Jamie-Lee spent a bit of time with him too, Andrew also.


Accue  today hopefully this will help me a bit. Saw Alan the same man as last time. Hope I can see him everytime as its nice to get to know one another. The treatment went like this-- nine needles in my shoulders and neck. Two in my head and twelve in my feet and legs. None of these caused any problems or weird side affects. He looked at my sore heal but was not sure what it could be. He advised me to go to the Doctors if no improvement very soon. Home for a well needed sit down and cup of tea.

Cooked tea, Chris, Andrews friend stayed too. Rice, stir fry and sausage, nice too.

Well here we are at the end of another month, not a good one, but all the same not the worst. PAIN is the worst thing I think anyone can deal with especially when it never goes.

On a brighter note I hope you are all doing as best as you can Love Gill. See you next month.

No comments:

Leaving comments...

Some people I am told are having trouble leaving a comment.This should help.

Click on to comment next to envelope, at bottom of each posting, write comment, copy Text in box the same as shown, choose ID, click on anonymous, see preview, publish.

You can always leave your name in the comment if you wish.