July 1st

Lindsay, Tracy, and Jamie-Lee came round. Jamie-Lee was very brave as she had a blood test and did not cry. I told her she was very brave and next time to watch the blood going up the tube. She said she might.

My new iron came today and I used it on the bedding a lot better than my old one and soon got through it all. Still ironing with my left hand but, this makes my right shoulder and right hand hurt a lot. Anyway all done and put away.


Tided up the tomatoes and cucumbers they are not doing too bad. I have had better crops but the weather has bean so variable so that does not help. The greenhouse one day over a hundred F the next barely 60 F.

Walked to get the rest of my tablets which they did not have last time. Again they are not, there's no prescription from the Doctors according to them. So went round to Doctors to see what and why. They now have a doorbell system since CORONAVIRUS, that you press and wait, and wait, and wait, 3 times I pressed it, and no one came. A young lad went to the window and banged on it, as by now we had bean there a while. They said they never heard the bell!!  The prescription will be ready in 2 days and sent as usual to the chemist.

Angela came round she is doing well, we both enjoy our chats together.


Cleaning up downstairs today. Quite a lot of pain hopefully moving around a bit will help me. I have taken a lot of extra tablets as well so getting working. 
The park is open at last and a little boy was so excited to be able to use the slide again. A lot of the bigger children have bean going over the fence. Good that things have started to go back to normal again- whatever that is. I have said be for on this Blog that the VIRUS did not really change my life much at all.


Got Jamie-Lee again for tea and after for a while, as usual, she was starving and when it was tea- clean plate from her again. We played games this time, Guess who- and Kerplunk. Both of us had a good time, and Lindsay was early back so that was good.


Had a day in the garden just weeding a bit and deadheading the flowers. Just took my time and got it all done. I would sooner be outside than inside any day.

I had a letter from the Physio that treated my wrist and arm to see if I wanted to a telephone appointment. I do of course and got in touch with them.


B12 injection done this hurt quite a bit. I told the Nurse about my arm, as she always asks how things are going. We spoke about Physio there instead and I need to speak to someone next Monday 13th, to see what can be done there. This if possible, would be better than going to the hospital around 2 miles away. The Doctors is around half a mile away.


Put on my running shoes as I thought they are doing no good just sat there. I usually only wear them for running. Will I ever wear them for running again?? Sad time remembering the good running days,

Wore them to go into town I had forgotten how nice they are to have on. My feet like they were on pillows.

Lindsay my daughters Birthday is on Sunday and I wanted to get her a few things. Still big queues at Primark, I was going in there but was not going to wait, as could be quite a while. Got a few bits for her already though and am going to Asda Home tomorrow to see what they have.


On the common today, I gave the horses some apples I tried to share them out but one horse was very persistent and he got more than any of them. Got a bit scary with big horses surrounding me but all apples gone now and not wasted. Summer was waiting further back as she does not like the horses at all. She was very good and just sat waiting and looking to see when I was coming back. We played ball and then went home she was happy.


Watched an Elton John concert on YouTube, live from Australia well it was in 1986. Very good, from his dress up and big wig days. After I watched Joseph (Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat), this also was good.


Lindsay, Tommy, and Jamie-Lee came round for tea as its Lindsay birthday today. We all had Chinese good it was too- everyone enjoyed it.

Lindsay liked everything we got her Jamie-Lee helped her unwrap them. I think she was nearly as excited as if was her Birthday.


Had a word with my Nurse Practitioner about my shoulder, she thinks it may be FROZEN SHOULDER. I am not so sure, she has not seen me but by what I said to her. She promised to send me some exercises by email by the end of the day.

I am waiting for a call from my Physio so I can get his view. This will be a video call so he can see me. No exercises came through from the Nurse.


Met my friend Joy in town and we sat outside a little cafe having a drink. Good to see her, last time was early February. A good chat was needed but not too long as others wanted the seats. Soon hopefully things will be better and all will be back to normal.

Got a few bits of shopping, A lot of the shops are only open for a limited time. One lady I spoke to said it was like this in the war.


A good video call with Vinnie my Physio, the same one that has bean treating me for my wrist so he last saw me in March. This was when my arm started to hurt and go strange. He does not entirely agree with the diagnosis of frozen shoulder, more the rota cuff but possibly both.

He send me some exercises to do- yes these arrived, unlike the Nurses ones. Some I can do but others no way but I will keep trying. Talk to him again in 6 weeks.

Shopping with Andrew at Morrissons Paul took us and waited in the car as he said it would be too much for him to go round. Anyway not knowing the store at all-- we could not find things so a lot of asking the staff. Some of the freezers had packed up so no fish stuff, or much of an ice lolly section. Mostly Paul who eats these anyway, and we have got some. All done what we could- ended up with 2 trolleys full. Over £140 worth.

Hardly through the door and Emmie came round with her Dad Squidgy, to see if Summer could play.!!!
I said come back in 20 minutes as I need a sit down as very heavy and warm today around 24-25 C.

She came back and we played in the garden with Summer. She asked when she could take Summer for a walk. I said now, if you want. so we set off but it was very warm and she struggled a bit, as she does not walk much as both parents drive most places. She is very thin though and Andrew always says a strong wind would blow her away. Not back long and Squidgy came to get her as they were having a Chinese for tea. I think she would be very tired and hungry too.  


Got Jamie-Lee all day today as Lindsay is having some injections in her neck for her headache problem. Hope all goes well as these are not nice. I had pain blocks early on in RSD- but they did little for the pain or anything just I think made things worse so in the end stopped them.

Lindsay injections she said were better than usual but still very painful. They did them a bit lower in her neck and used a scan this time, not used to be for. A different hospital, different way, some new treatment coming up for her soon.

We took all the dead roses off the bushes, also next doors. Mostly Jamie-Lee did this with the secateurs.
She enjoys gardening very much and being outside. She is very active and bikes and walks most places as Lindsay does not drive.

 She tried to teach me Minecraft a game she plays but I could not do it. Touch screen not good for my fingers as they do not know what they are doing-- neither do I most of the time either.

Jamie-Lee enjoyed her time here and was picked up around 5pm, 7 hours after she arrived. Then she did not want to go.

I had finished her cardigan so she took that and said it was beautiful and loved it.  No picture but the same as Emmie's one I made in May for her Birthday.

Pain on weeing later blood too, so not good took some powders from the chemist as I did be for but not a lot better this time, a lot more painful Another phone call to the Doctors Monday for ANTIBIOTICS.


Trying to keep busy despite the pain and frequent trips to the toilet. Watered the greenhouse and potted a few plants, gave 2 away. A lot of washing done and dried.

Started doing the exercises more and hopefully, they will get easier with time but still difficult.


Got the ANTIBIOTICS I needed so that's good hopefully they will help. I need to take in a wee sample next week as this is the third time this year I have had this. Not feeling the best so not doing much, very hot and ache a lot. I think the RSD is playing me up. GO AWAY I HAVE ENOUGH TO COPE WITH.


When Lindsay phoned up to see how we all were and said she was coming round. I thought no- I had not told her I had an infection. I had a one-sided terrible headache and hurt all over.

Angela also came round before  Lindsay got here. She did say she would go but I said it's alright as a chat would be nice. Just as she was going Lindsay arrived with Jamie-Lee. She took one look at me and said what's wrong then told me off for not letting her know. I said you were not good after your injections so that's why I did not tell you.

Just sat in my chair but then had to go and lay down as got very dizzy- Lindsay helped me upstairs.
 I think I had a sleep but not sure as not really with it at all.

Lindsay and Jamie-Lee brought me a drink up and helped me sit up as I was all over the place.
She said I kept saying there was something in my tea. I can not remember this at all. Straight away she knew something was not right.  

She was correct I had a seizure, not a big one, and only one. Jamie-Lee was sat next to me on the bed and it scared her a lot. I think maybe the headache over the one eye was a warning. One to watch out for I think.


I slept quite a lot overnight very weird one a lot of the time felt very far away and not really with it.

Lindsay came round again to check up on me. Paul was out for his dinner and I was not safe to be on my own after the seizure. She said looked a bit better as yesterday looked terrible. I think she was surprised I did not have more seizures.

She is not too good her self but better than past times after the injections. 

Andrew played Guess who, with Jamie-Lee she was pleased as she loves Uncle Andrew a lot.

I just rested and hoped this headache would soon go. Went about 4pm.


More with it today but still hurt all over. I took Summer for a walk on the common hoping it would help loosen up everything, Andrew took her yesterday. My head pain went around 4pm.


Finished off Jamie-Lee's bolero cardigan, This gave me a few problems and had to pull down a lot. With 142 stitches on each row around the collar that's a lot of work. This took 2 hours to sew up as well and I had to it in stages.
All done.

Strange later I kept seeing things that were not there, a tree branch on my chair, a person stood near me, and flashes of someone walking past me. Very strange. I was not asleep either as I walked into the kitchen and bathroom. I think this is from the seizure I had. 


My friend Jenny's birthday: Happy Birthday Jenny hope you had a good day!

Started another little jacket set (hat gloves and jacket) for a friend, whose partner is having a baby in September. This pattern I have done lots of times and is a favorite. Working in Aran wool, so took a bit of getting used to as been working in double knit. I am doing the hat first to get used to the wool.

Taken last ANTIBIOTIC so time will tell if the infection has gone. 


The first time this year I have peeled potatoes and carrots. This took longer, but I did it; my wrist is improving and getting stronger. Forearm and shoulder still not good but with the new exercises I got from the Physio I think in time, things will improve.


As a lot of you know I am a Radio 1 listener right from day one when radio 1first started. Well, they do challenges and other strange things; especially if Greg James has anything to do with it. This was a suggestion from Steve one of the listeners.  Too good for Greg to refuse. 

This time was to get all the countries in the world to tell Coronavirus to get lost (go away etc) their way and in their native language. 193 counties and it went right up to the deadline at 10am but they did it. Well done Greg and Radio 1. 


My oldest sons Birthday today Happy Birthday Wayne hope you have a good day. 

Cleaning upstairs today. Quite warm for this but I got everything done. Soon after Lindsay phoned up and asked if I would have Jamie-Lee for tea and a bit after, course I would.

Today we had a big pilates ball to pump up then balance on. Jamie-Lee did quite well. 
Lindsay got me this when my balance was bad and it helped quite a bit.

After tea, we went to the park which is just across the road. Nice and cool now so it was very pleasant sitting on the grass. I had a swing and a go on the horse. Jamie just about went on everything. There were not too many people there as I did say if there was a lot, we would go on the common instead. 

When we got back Lindsay was already here to pick her up. She said she had a good time here. 


Going to be hot- hot- hot. 33c at 4pm and rising. The wind is very warm too more like abroad than UK The greenhouse was around 110c I put the shade on to protect the cucumbers and tomatoes as they were wilting a bit. 

Nice on the common still quite cool.  

Well, again a bit mixed month again. Another seizure out the blue. Jamie-Lee was Ok with it when she saw I was better now. Having to wear masks in shops- not bean in one yet so not affected me. 

Hope things are going well with you all.
 Love Gill.


No comments:

Leaving comments...

Some people I am told are having trouble leaving a comment.This should help.

Click on to comment next to envelope, at bottom of each posting, write comment, copy Text in box the same as shown, choose ID, click on anonymous, see preview, publish.

You can always leave your name in the comment if you wish.