Christmas shopping and RSD don't go together, the shops are getting so busy. I need to go on my scooter into town, but the shops are so full of extra stands and Christmas goods., it is a job to get round, a lot of the time I need to park up and go round on foot. This in its self is not good as people tend to knock into me or tread on my bad foot. At the best I come home very sore and tired. When I have bean on my scooter I get very bad arm and shoulder pain I think it is that I am in the same position for too long, also scooters can be very cold things.


Physio today Wietse did electric acue today on my neck, it was very painful, the needles pop out as the muscles are so tight. He massaged my foot it hurt so much. He pressed on my hand to show me how much pressure he was using it was hardly any I was so shocked as I thought it was so much more.
The pain seams to be up and down mostly up, I am trying to cut down on the tabs I take as it got very high again. I try to cope with music or something to take over the pain, but as my body does not get much sleep it is very hard, long days very short nights.


Nottingham hospital today to see a neurologist. On the way we (Paul and I) ran into some traffic as there was a diversion we were stopped in our tracks, we had set off early as it was but now were running late. Russ was meeting us there as he had seen what had bean happening to me, and could tell them his version of events. Russ' phone decided the day before to stop working so I could only text him, not a good idea , as I am not very quick at texting, but we some how we worked it out. We arrived there with 5 minutes to spare. Paul dropped me off at the entrance and went to park the car. I found Russ and went to the clinic, Paul arrived a lot later as he had to park the car a long way from the hospital, due to building work going on.

As it worked out we did not go in until nearly a hour after we should. The doctor was a lady she was very nice, and listened to what we had to say. She then did some tests but was not too sure what it could be, she ruled out epilepsy for sure, but maybe the start of some thing, or just sheer exhaustion from lack of sleep. She got the opinion of an another doctor who seamed to think the same, I was to see my doctor about a different type of sleeping tablets to see if that would help. they gave me a open appoint which means that I can go back at any time if I need to. I was sort of relived.

Going back to the car was a long way, too far the pain struck with avengence, I was shaking with pain I stopped with Russ while Paul went to get the car as I could not walk any further. Once in the car I took IBRUS and H CODINE the pain was so bad I could not even think or speak for a while. We headed for Russ mums house where even though she was going to work she kindly left us some soup, cheese and mince pies, which Russ put in the microwave and forgot about so we did not get any pies. After a good rest the pain lessened. and I felt a bit better.


Physio today pretty much the same, foot very sensitive. Afterwards did a bit of shopping came home tired - no exhausted... and in pain. I looked very pale. In the afternoon I just tried to rest.


Club cross country on common today, I went to watch. I still find it hard as I think I should be running with them as cross country was my favourite time. I could not watch the handing out of the trophy's and medals as I in the past have won some of them.

Later on we had visitors most of after noon, during which I went to sleep mid sentence again.


Doctors today discussed hospital information he gave me some sleeping tablets to try. I told him about my blood sugar being low and he said eat more chocolate and sweet things over Christmas - not many times a doctor tells you to do that. I need to write down when falling asleep.


My son Wayne is here for a few days, which will be good. A really nice day, got some very warm boots, DVDs, jumper, books, gym ball, smellies plus other things. Went to my daughters after dinner to see grandchildren they were really excited and enjoying themselves.

After tea I am told I was on/off asleep for a hour.


House full again very noisy, very tired and in pain.


I saw Irene today, for counselling, it went OK. I did last bit of shopping went home worn out. I am in a lot of pain today hip and foot shoulder not too bad. I fell asleep in front of Andrew nearly falling off the chair. Rested on the reclining chair. Felt better afterwards but still very pale.


Today I feel very dry, hardly enough saliva to swallow. My food will not go down if I try with a drink I choke, I had this before in July. Later in the afternoon I took Sandy for a walk to wake me up as I had bean falling asleep again. Felt bad when I came back so went to bed for a while. Still felt bad - hot,dry and in pain. Family round for tea could not eat much fell asleep at table mid sentence again.


Well its the end of another year, I am quite pleased to say good bye to it as it has not bean that good, next year will be better.


No comments:

Leaving comments...

Some people I am told are having trouble leaving a comment.This should help.

Click on to comment next to envelope, at bottom of each posting, write comment, copy Text in box the same as shown, choose ID, click on anonymous, see preview, publish.

You can always leave your name in the comment if you wish.