March 1st

Woke up with a headache so not the best start, I had this a few days ago but it went, now back with vengeance.

Age UK today as well, Very busy as soon as I walked in. While serving I got bad TINNITUS in my left ear this is something I have had for a long time now, even be for RSD (15 years nearly) - I asked Jenny if she would take over which she did. After a few minutes on the window sill, I was fine again apart from a buzz in my ear, I can cope with this and after a while it also went.

Age UK after the first hour or so it calmed down, and was steady till 2pm then trailed off. We always have a few late diners.

My friend who I spent a few weeks in Hospital, came in to say hello, she is doing well.
Also Joy paid me a visit she is not so good, back problems again.

Bit of shopping then home, still headache lasted for the rest of the day.


Washing and ironing also doing a bit of sewing, Paul's new trousers need taking up a hem. Got them done and all went well.

Started a new puzzle- Dr Who this time not going to be so hard I think-- but I have bean wrong in the past.


Very windy and cold on the common, bit of a shock after the summer like weather we had last week.

Cleaned up downstairs took most of the day then did some more puzzle. Some how the candle that I had on the table set the puzzle piece board alight. I just looked up and saw flames. Split second thinking I picked it up and quickly took it into the kitchen and put it out under the tap. I did not panic either, but did think whether the window was the right thing to do, but that could have set fire to the curtains. What I did not realise that the puzzle board had dripped and set fire to the carpet in 4 places.
Summer also got a blob on her head, she was smoking but it did not burn her owing to her thick fur.

 Candle and the puzzle board.
Burn marks on the carpet.
My little Summer oblivious to anything that just happen than goodness she was not burnt.

After I sat down the the reality set in and I was a bit shocked. The puzzle board was damaged but was able to cut it off so still usable. The carpet not so good Paul said he would have a word with the house hold insurance. This carpet has bean down 6 years I was surprised but when I thought about it we put it down the year Jamie-Lee was born 2012. Also more important Summer was fine. A lot of black bits had settled on top of things and a smell of burning too. I had just cleaned up as well.

The house insurance have agreed to look at the carpet an if all was good they would pay out for a new one. We have to pay the first £100. Yes we are getting a new carpet but this room is so full of cabinets and glass wear, its going to take a long time to clear it. I feel quite bad that it happened and foolish as well. I think the candle got pushed nearer me when Paul came home, but never mind it could have bean very worse.


Happy Birthday Jay-Jay 15 today where has the years gone. He is out today so seeing him tomorrow.

Angela popped in to see me she is well. Later my friend John came round he wanted a bit of sewing done and a Teddy mending, a dog got hold of it a while ago

The insurance men came to see the damage (quick work) he took a lot of details and said the carpet would be replaced. He had some samples and we chose one very similar to this one we have now.
He was a very pleasant men and said not to feel guilty as these things happen. The carpet fitter will help us move the heavy stuff if needed.


Haircut a lot shorter this time as the hair was annoying me and just looked a mess a lot of time. I have had it long for a while so time for a change. Still have a few curls and my hair always looks better in a few days.

All the hair that was cut off all my curls too. The hairdresser took a long length too.

Went to see Lindsay and family and to give Jay-Jay his present. We have given him money and 2 bags of lollies and Munchies sweets. He is going to buy some speakers. 
Chinese for tea tonight I had lemon chicken for a change good it was. Enough left for another day so tomorrows tea maybe.

Age UK A steady day no real problems either. Jenny not here as she had a previous appointment, Polly was helping me. I did manage to put milk in the tea pot instead of the jug, the customer laughed.

Everyone really liked my hair and said it made me look a lot younger. I said next a toy boy, Polly said what here, meaning Age UK. I said probably not then.

While having my dinner I sat with a customer and she was telling me about her husband having NON EPILEPTIC SEIZURES like me but not so violent like mine. His was caused by a virus and high temperature. She also said the Hospital did not treat him very good either. Some nurses were quite rude to him and told him he was putting it on like I was. I said to her who would want to put it on. We both feel like we know each other but neither of us are sure from where or when.


Very windy walk with Summer on the common. Good for the washing got all dried.

Emptying the display cupboards in the dining room ready for the new carpet. I hate moving my crystals they are so delicate and the way my hands are I am pleased when they are safe in  boxes.

Finished off the "Dr Who" puzzle one bit missing I think it might have got burnt a shame really. The last few bits were quite hard, as all black with bits of stars on for the night sky. Never done a puzzle that caught fire before.
All done.


To fly or not to fly-- Today is the changed date to go up in the plane, but there is snow at the Airport so its a no go. There will be another day and better weather too.

Wayne has snow too, we are expecting some so the weather man says. All we got later was a short shower of hail stones with another one later.


My brother David is having his Hernia operation today all the best to you.

I wish my operation would come up too. My knee is locking up a lot and I am getting more over all pain more night/bed time spasms and very cold from the knee down and swelling up..
Last night when sat it locked up completely and I could not move it at all. I had to massage it then stand up. This took a few minutes and was very painful.


Spoke to my brother David's wife Bev, she said he is doing well, not too much pain and is home. He is a bit like me does not like to sit down for too long doing nothing.

Cleaning up most of the day.


My friend John here for a chat and a bit more sewing to be done. He said I have a complaint laughing. The  popper I mended last time on his jacket, does not keep fastened so a rethink is needed. He said his Teddy I did for him is very good and he was pleased with it. I will do his jacket at a later date.

Phone call from carpet man he is coming tomorrow. So we need to get most of the furniture out. Also we have decided to have new underlay as most had gone a bit thin. Paul got some and we spent the afternoon putting it down. The carpet man will only do the carpet. We put the carpet back down ready for him coming tomorrow. We needed to do this so the underlay did not get damaged, or Summer hurt her paws on the gripper rods. Hopefully doing the underlay will make the carpet last longer-- so long as I have no more accidents.


Took the rest of stuff out of the dining room ready for the carpet to be laid. The man arrived and got on with the job. I went upstairs on the commuter.. Summer said her very many hellos he has two dogs himself so thought Summer was lovely. He got on with the job and soon was finished and it looks very nice, a bit lighter and more shaded, a very good job pleased

Now to get the stuff back in the room. Andrew helped with some when he came home, by tea time we had got it all back in now just the cupboards to fill back up. We can take our time with them so no rush.


Age UK steady day early finish as some new floor lay going down.

I have a DEXTA scan at the hospital so I set off to walk up the hill. My knee was not too bad, going up, down, I think will be the worst. Had scan no problems. I have one regularly to check up on the OSTEOPOROSIS as I came off the tablets 2 years ago as I had bean on them longer than I should. I still take CALCIUM 2 a day.  As I came out the Hospital a bus was waiting so I got on it, hoping it would not shake up my RSD too much and cause pain. The bus ride was smooth and no more pain  than usual, this must have helped my knee not having the pressure going down the hill. I walked back from town with no extra pain so was pleased.


Sorting out the cupboards in the dining room got a lot done so we were pleased.

Spoke to Wayne- there is a lot of flooding around him in Halifax and surrounding areas. They are on high alert. The town got very bad flooding a few years ago. He said it had bean raining non stop for 3 days and nights. So long as the rain/snow stops they will be OK and the threat will be lessened.


A cold sunny day, changed the bed which got washed and ironed. A few showers but nothing major the wind is too strong for that.

My knee is very painful as I had a lot of spasms in bed despite taking my QUININE.


A nice walk on the common not as cold as yesterday. Sumner played with her ball as usual and met a few of her friends. She always has a good time and loves her walks getting very excited when her lead goes on. She can hardly wait for me to get ready. Trouble is the common is very wet and mucky and she comes back not very clean, In fact some day she has to be washed.

Early hours of the morning I think I passed out, I found myself on the floor. I don't think this was a SEIZURE but can never be too sure but if it was it was mild as no damage done. I think I just passed out, I had not bean feeling that good all day. Very light headed and balance off.  Very unsteady when I got up to go to bed after sitting for a while.


Feeling a bit off it today. just finished cleaning up and Joy turned up unexpectedly. Good to see her, she has not bean well herself. She said I did not look too good. I told her what happened last night.

The rest of day I had a rest and later did my lion rug, going quite well too. Getting the shape now so able to see what it is.


Lindsay and Jay-Jay came round, it was nice good to see them both. The house next door is about sold so the household things are going bit by bit.

Lindsay came back later with Ben and picked up a fridge-freezer from next door she bought, so more things gone. A skip is coming next week for all the rubbish that is left from the loft and various room Cilla was a bit of a hoarder. (Ben's late Wife)


Summer had her booster injection today. The vet said she really needs the new kennel cough one as well, as she goes on the common, and meets other dogs. I was not sure but took his advise agreed to it. She did not like one bit, it as it goes up the nose, the injection made her yelp also. He was not as gentle as her usual vet. She soon recovered though.  The main injection  is in two parts so another one in two weeks. Not the kennel cough bit though. I think Summer will be pleased about at least.The cost was £58.40-- £23.40 being for the kennel cough bit.


Age UK a steady day and even Vera was good not getting in the way as much. Closing at 2pm today as kitchen is getting a Spring clean. Everything had to come out in to the cafe. I said it looked a bit like a car boot sale.


Hopefully today we are up up and away, the sun is shinning here and at Tollerton so we think it's a go--- today a morning flight instead of afternoon one this time.
We met Dave and Bev at the Airport he had done his pr-flight checks so we would soon be off. We went to Banbury near Oxford. Miles go very quick in a plane, the clouds made shadows on the ground something I think you only see from above the clouds. Paul even flew the plane he was well pleased and proud of himself, not often you get to do that. A very good flight and the views were great.Very windy though. You could feel it tipping the plane at times.

 The plane.
 Dave the pilot.
 Bev and I in the back.
Going up.
Dave concentrating.
 The controls co-pilot side.
 The clouds making shadows.
 The plane grave yard.
 This was the ceiling in the cafe at Banbury.
  Out side the cafe.
 Looking very serious he was flying the plane.
 Bit more relaxed now.
Coming back to Tollerton ready to land.

Dave and Bev had a another flight later with two more friends.

Later on I did not feel too good, whether it was the flight or just a coincident or something else not sure.


I feel about right now headache and tingly feeling gone apart from hands.

I got a letter from Kingsmill Hospital with a date for my knee operation "1st May". Well pleased about that so will soon be all done. Nor worried about the operation just the after bit when I will be restricted at what I can do. I have my scooter but if on my own, will I be able to get it out the house as a bit awkward. Any way I will find a way for Summers walks. I will not stop in the house any longer than I have to.


Got cleaned upstairs today.
I feel very bloated and fat, legs and ankles swollen too.
I did some more of my Lion rug, coming along nicely more than half done now.

Sold some more of the things from next door, a bed and a wheel chair as Julia could not get down to do it herself. Both were pleased with their purchases.


Angela called in, she is on her way to York for a few days.

Pain in stomach low down, and very bloated feels like cystitis hope not. Not good, late night and early morning, hot cold dizzy. I know now I was right thinking it was cystitis.


Tried to get an appointment at the doctors could not even get through to them. When I first called they were not even open then 30 seconds later 15 people on the line and I was cut off. I tried 8 times each the same. Not good enough, by the time you can get through all the appointments have gone. Try ringing up at 1pm they say, to go through it all again. Went to the chemists and got some thing from them, hope it helps
My friend Bev is here she brought flowers and cakes. I told her about my cystitis. She is one of the ones who kindly took us up in the plane. Thank you very much Bev and of course Dave as we would not get far with out him being the Pilot.


Paul away for the weekend not back till Sunday, so just me and Andrew and of course Pup.

Angela called in on her way back from work. She came back yesterday from York.


Mothers Day

Andrew wished me Happy Mothers day. Summer gave me a high five well more than one. Lindsay and family came round later with a card. Wayne sent me a Baby Shark CD---- At Christmas he kept annoying me by singing it or playing it on his phone. I am going to play it non stop when he next comes here. No joking aside it was very nice of him. Thank you Wayne. I will play it but perhaps not all the time. He did send us another Cd for Paul and I as its our 44th wedding Anniversary. The CD is from the year Wayne was born 1979. This will have a lot of songs that I will remember well.
 From 1967 to today, I have listened to Radio 1 most days, even when in hospital.

Hope things are going well for you all- if not as well as can be. I am just glad I am having my knee operation next month. Hopefully things will go right and I will be soon be back to my normal state of mind, which is far from most peoples normal mind state. I know the recovery will take more than a few days, more like weeks. That is going to be the hard bit for me.

All the best to you all Love Gill.

No comments:

Leaving comments...

Some people I am told are having trouble leaving a comment.This should help.

Click on to comment next to envelope, at bottom of each posting, write comment, copy Text in box the same as shown, choose ID, click on anonymous, see preview, publish.

You can always leave your name in the comment if you wish.