April 1st

Rung up Doctors a lot later than usual- as CYSTITIS no better and I could not believe it when they offered me an appointment with Doctor Metha (my own Doctor) but not till 4-50pm. I took the last sachet of the stuff I got from the chemists. Hopefully this will help till I get sorted out later.

Cleaned up downstairs but had to sit down more than usual, the pain is quite bad and spending most of my time going to the loo.

Saw Doctor Metha he said it was CYSTITIS and gave me ANTIBIOTICS MacroBID 100MG   NITROFURANTOIN 2 a day for a week. Also I asked him about my IBS which has bean terrible the last few weeks. He gave me BUSCOPAN this works very well as I was on it before. 8 tablets a day though. I asked about my DEXTA scan I had and he said I need to start ALADRONIC ACID again. The OSTEOPOROSIS is not worse but there is a lot of thinning of my bones so to keep it at this level would be good. Keep going at that rate bones please, then things will be good. One less thing to bother about. More than likely they are strong because of the running and walking I did.


I feel far away today could be the tablets as I have gone up 10 a day.

Skip here for next door to take away the rest of the household things away Wayne (Ben's stepson) and Julia (Ben's daughter) soon got it filled up. The house now is cold and mostly empty not nice.
Julia said when the new people come in they will make it their own and the house will no longer be  Ben's. I know that's right as that happened with Mr Lambert (who lived on the other side of us) who passed away, then the house was altered and renovated and no longer his. This does not make it any easier though. Julia and I both had a few tears after she showed me a picture of her dad, a lot younger and very handsome too.

Later in the day someone pulled up in a car and chucked a load of plaster, wood,and a plastic sheet on the skip. Some of this dropping off on to the road I shouted at them but they just rode off. This was something Julia was worried about so as the skip is full, its getting picked up tomorrow.


Very cold walk on the common with Summer wind like razor blades. Snow on the way ?

I did a lot more of the Lion rug, going very well I will put up a picture when it's done. Quit a few more weeks yet though.

Tablets are helping the CYSTITIS so that's good, still a lot of pain but not as much urgency to get to the loo now. I wish I could say the same for my knee which is not good, swollen and in pain. May the 1st  can not come soon enough. Locked up later so I could not move it. Wiggled  and rubbed it so it released, very painful.


Age UK-- Jenny not here still not quite right yet hopefully back next week. The day was quite busy .
No weird things today and no awkward ones either. Polly was on the counter with me so helped a lot.
Knee very sore today  No shopping straight home quite tired so could do with a rest.


On my own today Paul is at an away game and Andrew is at work. Easy day for me I did not do too much as tired from yesterdays Age UK. I don't really do too much there but its still makes me very tired. I do walk there and back, usually less painful than the bus. I would sooner walk while I still can any way.

Paul back and we all had Chinese for super/tea very nice too.


On own again as Paul out for his dinner IA meal I did not want to go. Andrew at work. Me and Pup had a girls day I gave her a good brush and put a hair tie in, so she can see as her hair is so long. Hair cut on the 11th so not long. As her hair is so long now, this takes a long time to brush and comb. Something Summer does not really like, so she grumbles and grunts a lot. All she is interested in is the treats (tiny biscuits) she gets during brushing, and the chew after she is finished..

She needs a hair tie now--Hair cut soon.

Angela phoned up she has an hospital appointment on Wednesday. I said I would go with her as she is a bit worried about it. They don't bother me now as I have had so many. Nice to help out a friend and always good to have a second set of ears.

Andrew back from work and Summer thought it was her teatime as he usually comes home at after 6pm, her tea is at six, today is Sunday so around 4pm or earlier.. I told her not yet, she was not pleased.


Not a good day a lot of pain, head, left leg, and hip not sure what is going on but its not nice. I feel very drained as well. Rested today and took extra painkillers. Thinking about it later, and this could be that my B12 is due. A lot of time I feel extra pain and tiredness. I am having it done tomorrow.


I feel a bit more with it today. Still a lot of pain though. B12 hurt when injected but not for too long after.
Did some more of the Lion rug, it's getting very close to the top. I somehow missed out a whole row how I did it I don't know, I had to take out three rows. Not as easy as putting them in. Took a long time to put right. When its done I will put a picture up, as it will look more impressive than showing you it not finished. Did quite a bit of ironing as well later..


Went with Angela to the hospital, she needs to see someone else but he is on holiday but she did find out a few things.

Feeling a bit better today but still pain, worse being my head. Tired but that's my way of life now.


Lindsay and Jamie-Lee here we played with the big red bus. She then did some colouring too. I also did some and she said mine was good. Lindsay looked good today probably the best I have seen her for a while. Andy her ex partner, saw how bad she was last week and has bean helping her out. He is not all bad but sometimes goes about things the wrong way.

Summer is having her hair cut today..

 Be for cut.
 On the table ready-- no escape now Summer.
Now she looks like a little lamb again.

Speaking to Maxine the groomer she said the kennel cough injection is a bit of a con as there are a lot of different strains of it and they only inject for two. I think I was done a bit

Knee is very tight today and feels very stiff.


Knee not good, woke up early hours with terrible pain in my foot and leg.

Very cold with a wind straight from Siberia.

A fairly steady day at Age UK, this I was pleased about, Jenny was back too which was good. She is not quite right yet but well enough to be here.

Looked after Ben and Emmie for a few hours we played and then she showed me her dance moves. She is very flexible and enjoys dancing and exercise. She hurt a foot not long before her Dad came home and shot up stairs. I went up and she said she was OK. I told Squidge when he came home.
He was home before 11 o'clock, so  I was able to go home and have my bath before Paul went to bed. I have to be supervised since having seizures in the bath last year. Watched TV the rest of night.


Paul at football so another day on my own. Lincoln has gone up into the next division so well done Lincoln.
Sorted out the pots from next door that used to be Marcins who used to live there. They will do just right for the beans that I am going to plant at a later date..

Very sharp frost later when I went to bed.


Very cold again and windy.
Lindsay came with Jamie-Lee a bit later and stayed for dinner. We played with a track and train set. Pop up Pirate and the Big Red Play Bus. Most of the toys were her Brothers and some even Andrews her Uncle, and my son. If you look after them they last for more than one lot of children.

In town today I mostly do any shopping after Age UK but this limits me to what I can do. I do not leave there till at least 2pm some times later, so I am tired and usually in pain so put off things till another time. So today I decide to go into town with Paul as he was going out for his dinner. I got most of what I wanted, so pleased. Tired when I got back as knee was very tight. I walked there and back around 2 miles plus around town, I could get the bus but this usually makes my RSD pain. worse. Summer was pleased to see me. She is not left much on her own and usually goes to sleep.


My hands have bean fairly good so I decided to put all the crystals back in the glass cabinet. All went well and no breakages. I breathed a big sigh of relief when I finished.

All back again where they belong.

Two lots of washing and all the ironing done. Arms and shoulders really hurt now.

Summer at vets later she had the rest of her booster and she still cried a bit when he injected her again. I think she knows what it is now. Different vet, different tactics, the other vet which she has usually has, strokes her to reassure her and then injected her. She has never yelped before as I don't think she even knew that she had bean injected.


Family BBQ, well without Andrew as he is working today. Very warm in the garden, Lindsay did all the cooking and it all tasted very good. Even Jay-Jay turned up with his girlfriend and stayed a while. A good afternoon all round.


A bit cooler than the last few days. Doing a bit in the garden and greenhouse. Staked the rose bush next door as its had a slight lean for the last few months. I usually look after it for them.

Pain most places- its the ache that does not go away and really gets to me. Not able to rest properly or even relax.  Hope it will improve soon.


Saw a lovely sight, a mother duck with 13 little ones mostly dark with yellow bellies. Lincoln people are called the Yellow Bellies so I thought this was quite good. There has not bean many ducklings this year so this was so nice to see.

Later Lindsay, Tracy, and Jamie-Lee called in they are going to the Fair on the common nearby. This time its only here from Wednesday to Saturday not a week as usual. Afterwards they called in, Jamie- Lee said she had a great time. Going on lots of rides the first few nights are always a bit cheaper.


A prickly job today-- re-potting a big cactus, not easy as very sharp prickles. When it was bought around twenty years ago from Wilkinson's it was about two and half ins high. Now it measures 35 inches high. I got load of pickles in my hand despite wearing two pair of gloves and using a thick towel. Hopefully now it will feel better in its new pot and grow even bigger.

The brute.

Looked after Jamie-Lee later while Tommy-Lee played in a football match. She had tea with us and said she could eat ten chicken dippers with chips and of course gravy, she had five and that was about right. We played with all sorts of things,she likes it here as we play a lot of different games and no competition from her brothers either. Andrew did look after her too playing hide and seek with her.  At one point she locked him in the shed with out his phone. He did not mind at all and enjoys playing with her. When her mum came back she said she had not bean here very long, only four hours.
Hopefully we would have tired her out.


Talking to other dog owners on the common about the kennel cough vaccine. Most said more or less the same as Maxine (Summers groomer) that they had not had it for their dog. Never mind he was a good sales man that Vet.

Age UK today after a week off for Good Friday. Very busy, loads of customers most were in a very good mood and telling jokes as well. Very tiring and knee pain as well. This is my last day here for a while as knee operation on 1st May.  Everyone that knew wished me luck and said keep in touch. Hopefully things will go well and it will not be cancelled.


After Summers walk, I had my hair cut by Debbie same as last time as she did a good job, a bit shorter this time. Again looks good. She had just started to cut when there was a phone call from the Kingsmill Hospital where I am having my knee done on Wednesday. OH NO I thought it has bean cancelled. No they were just ringing up to make sure I had no cold, cough, or sore throat. Every thing alright.

Joy my friend called in and we had a good chat,cup of tea and sausage roll.


Well day before my operation---so probably my last day of freedom till I recover. I will be home the same day or the next so not away from my little Pup Summer for long.

Well not too bad a month as they go-- less pain would be nice. What will May bring for this  operation. I am not worried about the operation itself, just the after affects. Hopefully the RSD will not flare up with the extra pain. I do need to have this, so there is no choice really. Anyway all the best to you all hope you are all as good as can be. See you next month. Love Gill.

Summer waiting for Andrew to come home from work.

I have put this little bit on now to update you all.

May 1st Wednesday.

Well operation day--  THE KINGSMILL IN SUTTON IN ASHFIELD there for 11.30. Operation on my knee a MENISCUS TEAR KEY HOLE SURGERY- DAY JOB. The hospital is about hour and half away on a good run. I waited in the day room and was told I would be second going down.
Talking to a very nice junior doctor, he was very interested in my RSD. I gave him my blog details he said he would have a look. A nurse came up to me and said change of plan, you are now going down first, because I have an allergy to latex they did not want to risk anything. She said the air would have to be cleaned or something not too sure what this meant, and this takes twenty minutes to clean. Get ready, ten minutes later I was on my way, very calm, almost looking forward to this as it will be one less pain hopefully.

Arrived in the anaesthetic room (1.30pm)  and saw Mr Joby John the surgeon. The theatre nurse said looking at him you need a mask I said no he is operating how will he see. She said the mask is for you laughing. She then said to Mr Joby John here are your  drugs "WHAT"  I said DRUGS. The drugs are for you she said, for him to give you during the operation. Everyone laughed, the nurse said you are very calm. The cannula went in, mask on, injected. The last thing I remember was the theatre doors. I thought to myself, I have never seen live in the theatre, I still did not, I was gone.

This is where things went a bit wrong. I started to have SEIZURES after the operation in recovery forty five minutes in all, one going in to another. (I found out later) I was in the recovery room a long time. Paul rang up and they said I was still in there five or six hours later. I was not going home today. I was taken to a ward and had another set of SEIZURES. The next thing I remember clearly was Thursday morning in pain and the usual feeling of having SEIZURES. Not sure where I was. A lady said I got to the ward around 8-00pm.


I was told a bit what happen, on drips, SALINE and PLASMA not feeling too good, exhausted. Big bandage on my knee more for protection than the wound.

Bandage on my knee with dressing under neath.
(This was redressed as it slipped down when I got home.)

The physios came to see if I could walk on my crutches, these were give to me before the operation in the day room. I could not walk, shaking like a jelly and in terrible pain everywhere. I was given ORAMORPH. I could have this if I wanted every one or two hours. Physios would come back tomorrow. Sat out of bed for a while but felt terrible and started shaking. I was put back to bed  They were a bit concerned that the SEIZURES would start again, something no one wanted specially me.
Paul came in the afternoon he was a bit shocked.


On, off, sleep, last night, Feeling a bit better but still feel very weak. The physios came again and I tried again to walk. This time very shaky still but not as much as yesterday still pain.They asked if I could do the stairs. I managed but I just about shook the crutches from my hands. I was passed fit to go. The nurse told me what to do exercises and said stitches come out in two weeks. Still not feeling the best but I was going home. Phoned Paul he said he would be here after dinner.

He left home around twelve thirty so here about two pm. Doctors letter and tablets and soon away.
NO an accident held Paul up at Newark roundabout. He got here at four thirty. I decide to go home in hospital gown and dressing gown, returning it at my check up in around six weeks. The journey was very painful and I still felt very weak. Home, Summer went mad to see me and was crying with joy. She sat with me for a lot of day.


Lindsay here as Paul at football for the day. Lindsay cooked chips for dinner and afterwards Jamie-Lee made cakes. Tracy came later. I sat down and just rested most of the time.
After dinner I felt very light headed and sick. Lindsay helped me to the bathroom where I was violently sick. I then tried to lay down on the bathroom floor, not good as it ceramic tiles and cold.
Lindsay and Tracy helped me back to the chair where I continued to be sick. This is just about the last thing I properly remember. Lindsay, Tracy and Jamie-Lee stayed with me till Paul got back. They were getting ready to go home when I started to be ill.

Paul came home around six thirty, and I was slumped in the chair and not very responsive at all. Later in the evening I got worse, still wrenching and was very unresponsive and about 11-15pm he called for an ambulance. I was taken to hospital where I started to have more SEIZURES and still being sick till there was no more to come up, wrenching and in terrible pain like GASTRIC FLU. On oxygen and a drip Paul said the Doctor had a job to get a line in as my veins are very thin and hide when I am ill.  No wonder I have so many bruises where he tried. I had a chest Xray and a CT scan on my head and stomach. I was admitted to a ward around seven thirty am. Everything hurts, stomach terrible pain just about everywhere. The ward is very noisy as it straight from A and E.


Trying to make sense of what has happened. The nurse sat me in a chair later, but I started to shake a lot so back to bed for me.Worried about more seizures, violent headache, the nurse said this is most likely dehydration. Still on a drip (three bags in total)  Lots of blood taken to test for electrolytes as very low (something to do with your blood)  probably because I was so sick. A horrible day and so much pain. Had to wait for pain relief as they were so busy, not good for RSD. That did not help much, not really any sleep either. If I sit up I start wrenching and feeling dizzy. Saw it get light from pitch black not a good night. I want this nightmare to end, but its not a nightmare its so real.


Feeling quite a bit better but still quite shaky, still stomach and chest pain, knee not too bad, at least my head ache has gone.
I also saw the PHYSIO here as well and she had me walking with a zimmer frame.


Which I can take home with me and I have my crutches at home too. I got on quite well considering  my chest and stomach hurt so much and how shaky I am. She said I am fit to go.

I saw the Doctor and he said I have got a SOFT HEART MURMUR and my SEIZURES are a mixture of EPILEPTIC and NON EPILEPTIC  SEIZURES .The chest xray and a CT scan on my head and stomach were clear.. The heart thing is not a concern, but I need to see the Neurologist and will be sent an appointment soon. I hope it's Doctor Solinas  I see, as he knows me, from the very bad SEIZURES I had before. Anyway home in two hours time, just to make sure I am alright.

A nurse took out my cannula I pressed on it for a while, it was in my arm bend, I then sat and listened to my ipod. A bit later my arm felt wet, I looked down and there was blood dripping out. A big pool on the floor and all over the bed. I shouted the Nurse and she sorted it out. Did you press on it? Yes I said. The more senior Nurse said it can happen. I have at least two pints left he was joking you have around nine to ten. I had lost about half a pint he thought. Good job I did not go to sleep. I said to her you nearly killed me. She looked very scared but I made her laugh by saying I nearly did not go home.

I rang Paul he was surprised as we were told that I needed to see a Neurologist before I went home. Anyway I am not complaining two different hospitals in two days is not good.

Paul picked me up and got all my tablets and second doctors letter and we were off home.
The journey was painful my knee felt every little bump so did my stomach and chest.

Summer again was very pleased to see me and sat with me a long time. Poor Summer she does not know what to think as I keep disappearing.
Phoned up a few people to tell them I was home. I think if you ring up your self, and they have spoken to you, and not a messenger they feel more assured.

Bed time struggled to get up the stairs but I was looking forward to my own bed and not one that's get you hot and sticky. Home and please no more hospitals for a while.Mr Joby John did say it was a risk with the RSD and SEIZURES. If it makes my knee better it will have bean worth it.

Slowed down but not for long.

I put this short blog up to let you all know how things went with my operation.
All the best to you all and I hope you having a better time than me Love Gill.

No comments:

Leaving comments...

Some people I am told are having trouble leaving a comment.This should help.

Click on to comment next to envelope, at bottom of each posting, write comment, copy Text in box the same as shown, choose ID, click on anonymous, see preview, publish.

You can always leave your name in the comment if you wish.