February 1st

Most people were saying how long January seemed. Felt ages to me as I knew that on Febuary 3rd my plaster was coming off. That day is nearly here. The pain in my wrist is still very bad and not much movement in my fingers either.


Another puzzle done.


Hospital at last--plaster off first and pins out, hurt a bit taking off the plaster as it was so thick. The plaster man had to do 2 cuts and keep turning my arm. He was not pleased with how thick and tight the plaster was around my wrist. The pins he pulled out with pliers, this did not hurt but plopped at the last bit. He said it was the air coming out like suction. The pins were like the spokes on a bike wheel about the same size. He put a dressing on as there was a bit of bleeding. This I can take off in a few days. Again I was not able to take a picture of plaster or pins. I hoped I could bring the pins home, but not allowed as risk of infection. My wrist was swollen and dry looking and hurt a lot. I took some tablets this helped a bit but still very painful.

On to X Ray, urgent care shares the department now, so more people to see. Over 2 hours wait for an X Ray. I had to turn my wrist much as the previous X Rays, this really hurt. All done a short wait, then see the Doctor. He said the bones were doing well. The nerves were still healing. I asked him a few questions- why it was so stiff and painful and why I had hardly any movement in my hand and wrist. This was normal he said plus the nerves were still not good. Hopefully by the time I see him again in a few weeks, things will have improved a bit. No appointment date, will receive one in the post. I was given a wrist support to wear and exercises to do.

               The black and red dots/bits are where the pins were pulled out. A bit sore but not too bad.

 Right hand fingers and wrist still quite swollen.


A very painful night, pain in wrist and hand, also just about everywhere else. Started exercises these are much the same as I have bean doing with the plaster on. Now it hurts more as no support worn for this.

Joy came round later and left me a card for my Birthday on the 13th February. Nice to see her as it's been a while.


Out to day to see Helen and baby Poppy, she is 3 months old now. I know some of the things I knitted for her will not fit but hopefully most will. The journey was quit painful over the rough bits of the road. After about an hour we got to Helens. Poppy was very cute but still is not completely well yet, a lot better than she was though.
 Me and Poppy.
 So tired.
 Helen and Poppy.
 So cuddly.
 Starting to get a bit restless as hungry now.

I gave Helen the baby things I had made she loved them and it looks like most will fit her. I am pleased because at the moment I can not knit, so no more baby things for a while. McDonalds for dinner, a chicken burger for Paul and I. Helen got an apple pie for later. A nice few hours there but time to go now. We said we will come again very soon to see them both.

The journey home took twice as long, traffic and road works, over 3 hours later we got home. In a lot of pain now. Andrew had given Summer her tea, he does not usually do this as he hates the smell of  meat as he is vegetarian. Thank you Andrew. I took it easy (or easier) for the rest of the night.


Finished off another puzzle this had 4 bits missing but still looks nice.

Now taking Summer on my own, not able to do shoe laces or zip on my coat yet. Or put Summers collar on. I can just about put her lead on and off so that's good. Nice to be able to go on my own with Pup. I think she likes it with just the 2 of us.


My friend Lyn came for a visit, bringing me flowers and a present. Not seen Lyn for a while so a chat and catch up. Soon after, my brother David and sister in law Bev came. They brought me flowers, pinks and lillies, and a present. Again not seen them for a bit, so a good day for me as most days I am on my own apart from Summer of course she does not leave me far.
Started snowing while they were here, did not settle as too wet. Thick flakes coming down for a while.

 Flowers from Lyn.
From David and Bev.


Very cold more snow fell but not settled. A storm is brewing called Ciara, going to be a lot colder and windy for the next few days, rain too. I think it's already cold. Flood warning in a lot of places. My son lives in Halifax and a lot of rivers there have burst their banks and some places are flooded still from last time.

Doing another puzzle a kitten and pup one. This is Lindsays from years ago. Last time this was done Lindsay lived at home, probably late 90s. Not going well as loads of black. I fit 1 bit then another but no more will fit. So I take out the first 2 bits and put 2 more bits in that fit, then the same thing no more will fit. I tried every bit I had left. I did something I have not done with a puzzle, I gave up.

The bits still to do are above the kittens head.

I put my hand (broken wrist one) under the cold tap to rinse my toothbrush and it went crazy pain, spasms, going blue. Not a good sign- I am hoping it's the nerve damage and not the RSD that is causing it.


Happy Birthday to me-- 65 today.  Some lovely presents and cards money too. My friend Jenny came round with a card and an orchid for me. Handbag and roses sweets, from friend Debbie. Puzzles from Paul, plus going out somewhere tomorrow. Book plus one present to come from Andrew, Kindle books from Summer, chocolates from David and Bev, plus already mentioned flowers. Dove set from Lyn plus daffodils, chocolates from Angela, candle melt set plus all the extra bits and chocolates from Tracy. Sea monkeys ocean zoo set, from Lindsay and family. A set where you hatch out little wiggly things, then feed and watch them grow. I had a set years ago, Lindsay has recently bought a set for Jamie-Lee. £10 from Mum and Dad in law. Also £10 from Joy- we will meet up one dinner time and go for a meal some quiet when she is free. Wayne will get me something I need at a later date. Thank you all very much.

4 puzzles in each box 500 pieces.

  Daffodils full out now.
Also flowers more out now.

Lindsay came round with Tracy, Tommy-Lee, and Jamie-Lee not Jay-Jay this time. We all had a Chinese for tea. I did not want to go out for a meal. The noise gets to me more now, a lot of people there, plus I have to have my food cut up, or use my fingers. So not the best time to go out. Nice to have a meal with the family. A very nice day good to have someone here. Thank you to everyone for the cards and presents. Lindsay said she will help me finish off the problem puzzle


Paul took me to a snowdrop walk.              Hodsock Priory

Snowdrops are one of my favorite spring flowers.
Carpet of white.

Most of the bridges were like this.
Lovely mix of colours. 
An upturned tree root.
Leading to the Priory house.

A monkey tree this felt like a cactus.
Very pretty little flowers.
These were old type bee hives.
A very grand house.
Tiered garden.
This I thought looked a bit like Lincoln Castle.

Acres of ground much covered with mostly snowdrops plus a few other bulbs/flowers. Very pretty and relaxing as "OH SO QUIET" (BJORK Wayne).
A really nice day, we had a baked tattie there as well for dinner. A big log fire was blazing away too.
A big Manor like house there in the grounds is used for weddings and functions. A lovely day thank you Paul.

Later Ness came round with some flowers for my Birthday from her and Family.

 Thank you Ness and family.

Paul cooked tea- steak, potatoes, green beans, baby sweetcorn and mushrooms. Very nice too.


A new storm, called Dennis is on its way, the weatherman is predicting worse than the last one Ciara- with floods and damage. Getting very windy and wet out there.

I have done a little puzzle only 54 pieces took me 15 minutes.  

Well here I am still recovering from this wrist brake. Taking too long for me. Not really much improvement. Still very painful, mostly nerve pain and a bit sore on the side of the wrist where the pin came out. My shoulder hurts as well now. As things stand I can not still do a lot. This is now getting to me. I don't go back to the hospital until 16th March so quite a while. I do hope thing have improved by them.

Any way hope you are doing well or as good as you can be all the best, love Gill.

No comments:

Leaving comments...

Some people I am told are having trouble leaving a comment.This should help.

Click on to comment next to envelope, at bottom of each posting, write comment, copy Text in box the same as shown, choose ID, click on anonymous, see preview, publish.

You can always leave your name in the comment if you wish.