November 1st

Hard to believe we are in November already. The weather is as mixed up as the world is right now. Cold one minute very humid and warm the next.

I have bean busy knitting and so far made these all for presents. Hat set, fingerless gloves, and rabbit.

Hat- scarf-gloves set also for a present.

Fingerless gloves for a present.

Rabbit for Arlo.


 Went into town to get the wool, as from Thursday it will be lockdown again- and the wool stall will be closed.  

Started another cardigan- this time for Emmie, 2 doors away. She asked for this for Christmas- a mint green one. Tried so many times to get the pattern right but I could not work it out. The original pattern is a plain one, and  I am adding a lace pattern instead, just like I have done before with the last ones I made.  My brain turned to mush and I could not work it out at all.  I gave up and said I will try tomorrow.


LOCKDOWN again. 

Summer still got her hair cut, and looks very little and cute. Maxine cut loads off, taking well over an hour. Summer did very well and stood still and did not go to sleep or slip off the table, despite a lot of interruptions from the phone with cold callers, and people at the door with post and parcels for neighbors.

I said Summer has bean upset from the fireworks going off for the last week, not scared but barks nonstop for ages. Maxine said they had bean going off around her. Last night hitting her window. Last year there was barely any there. She lives out in the country so a bit quieter than here in the town. We always have them going off here, for about a week before and a week after- then a few here and there. With lockdown, I suppose people have had their own displays- as no organized ones going on.

Paul has taken Jay-Jay to Derby to get his arm looked at again. Doctors said going well, with more movement than last time. They were quite worried about his arm and lack of movement last time. Good news this time. I know nerve damage can take longer to repair as my wrist is doing.

My wrist is still not right either but is improving, with the different exercises I am doing just takes time. Bean 10 months now- when the doctor told me it would be 6 months I laughed, at him thinking it will not be that long- I was very wrong. The pain is less, the grip is still poor but getting stronger. I can touch the fingers without nerve pain now.


I watched a program about a reporter, called Frank Gardner. He got shot while covering a news story in Saudi Arabia. His cameraman was killed and he was paralyzed from the waist down. After months of rehabilitation, he went home to a different world from the one to the one he left. Being more dependent on others for most things. He now has a colostomy and urostomy. He spoke about people saying to him that they could not do what he was doing. He said it was not a choice he had. Slowly over the years, he adapted to his new lifestyle very well. He is a very strong man to do this a lot would have just given up or just relied on others for everything.

This made me think about my change of lifestyle too. How I was told I would be in a wheelchair, (as I was for quite a while) more likely for good because of the pain and disability. I fought through the pain to be where I am now. I still have a lot of very bad days but on the whole better than predicted- still on my own 2 feet. Most RSD patients can not cope with the pain and spasms, but somehow I did. The seizures added to the already problems, but I recovered each time some more slowly than others.


I am making a hot water bottle cover for neighbor Andy. To start with my hand shook- and I could not draw round the pattern or cut it out. Paul did this for me, the rest was done on the sewing machine which I could do, using my left foot. I did try with my right but no--not enough power there. Goes alright with my left one, just seems a bit weird to start with. A bit like all the time I had to use my left hand to do everything, still do a lot of time, it's amazing how your body will adapt to change.


B12 today hurt a lot this time and for a while after. When I just touched my arm or someone brushed against it very painful- more so this time than last for nerve pain. 

Knitting going well with the green cardigan now, even the pattern working out well.


Another warm damp day 14C. Very nice on the common with Summer- my high light of the day. Very misty and damp, but very enjoyable. My hair goes very curly, and everyone says how nice it looks. 

The Mammogram I had last week is all clear so that's good. 


Cleaning up today downstairs. Changed the bedding so sheets can be washed tomorrow, as should be dry and windy.

Another day very much on my own- knitting at night time. 

Lindsay is soon to start treatment of radiotherapy for her head soon. I do hope this goes well as she has bean suffering a lot. Good luck Lindsay.


Went to see my friend, Lyn, as it's her Birthday today, when I say see I mean at the door for a few minutes. Good to see her though. 

I have a water infection so need ANTIBIOTICS  again different ones this time a bit stronger. NITROFURANTOIN 50mg. Later on, I was very cold and started to shake. I think this was to do with the infection. I filled up a hot water bottle to warm me up. As it was bean-filled I dropped it, luckily it landed near the cupboard with the neck of the bottle up- so the water did not come out. If it had my feet would have bean scalded. Soon after I went to bed.


ANTIBIOTICS are working and have stopped the infection from getting really bad and painful like last time. I did wake to a bad headache over, left eye and neck. This was to last most of the day with pain shooting down my face. 

Lindsay and Jamie-Lee popped round for a little bit. Lindsay is not too good at the moment with a bad head. Jamie-Lee and the boys are fine.


Chopped down the sunflowers as they are about done now and starting to fall over. Looks quite bare without them.

Cooked tea roast beef tonight and it was so good. Getting on well with the fingerless gloves I am making. These are for me to wear on the common with mitts over when it gets colder. Not very often I make things for myself so it's nice.


Started watching "I'm a celebrity get me out of here" Jordon North is in it from "Radio 1". Not the best of starts as he was sick. Why? he had to climb down a mountain to get his and a partner's sack. He is scared of heights, snakes, creepy-crawly the dark, plus more. I think it will be good- not watched it be for, only bits of it. Another challenge he had to do was getting locked in a coffin type box side by side with  Shane Riches and they had to retrieve stars with snakes in the box. Jordon kept saying HAPPY PLACE- HAPPY PLACE. Shane helped him a lot but even he got scared at one point and Jordon helped him, a good team. Jordon was funny but, very brave at the same time. They got a maximum of 12 stars. He was still shaking when he came out. Well done both of you. 

Mo Farah (Olimpic Runner). is in the castle as well plus others 10 in all. 2 joined later Russel Watson and Ruthie Henshall being one of them

The full list of people taking part.

Bev Callard, AJ Pritchard, Vernon Kay, Hollie Arnold, Mo Farah, Jordan, Giovanna Fletcher, Victoria Derbyshire, Shane Richie plus Jordon North- along with the two late ones Russel Watson and Ruthie Henshall. 


Jamie-Lee here for tea. She was very good and did not moan once. We played "Guess Who" most of the time. I won for a change and she did not even get grumpy at that. Lindsay was soon here to pick her up then I watched "I'm a Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here," Very good again.

I feel quite a bit better now I think the infection has mostly gone. I was lucky this time and did not suffer too much.

Not bean the best week for all-over pain as I have suffered a lot. Spasms in my legs are terrible, being taking QUININE. Very tired but still keep going.


2 injections today Flue one and pneumonia one- 1 in each arm. I hardly felt them a doddle after the B12 ones.

I have finished another puzzle quite a hard one to do as it's a Wasgij one- the picture is what is behind the people not the one on the box.

Not what they expected?

I have now finished off the cardigan for Emmie for Christmas. Pleased with it, hope she will be too.


Very cold today 4c the wind on the common was like ice. Summer as usual enjoyed it and so did I. Soon warmed-up when I  got playing with Summer and her ball. A nice walk but so cold. 


 Britain's weather changed again 12c today.  

Watched StarTrek Discovery with Andrew- and another space rocket launch from "Space x" to put satellites in the sky. The launch was just perfect, no problems- the rocket did a brilliant back to earth landing after dropping off the satellites. The future looks good with space tech knowledge going well- both Andrew and I enjoy this.

Cleaned up downstairs. Knitting but not going right for the left glove. Managed to sort it out but had to pull a lot down. All good now.

16 years today since my dear Mum passed away- this does not get any easier for me in fact harder as she has missed so much.

Headache all day on the left side of the head and neck.


Sorting and cleaning kitchen cupboards. Started knitting another hat and scarf set for a present. 

Not going the best as a pattern I have not done before, but hopefully, I will get it right soon.

 Finished off a pair of gloves. These are also for a present. 

Also made a pair of fingerless gloves for me to wear on the common under others if very cold. 

For me for a change.

Still a headache but it is not as bad now.


A wet day and very heavy air.

I made some cheese scones turned out quite good too. Had one and they tasted good, Paul and Andrew said they were good as well. 


Made a Christmas cake I know it's a bit late but it will be fine. Went quite well I use a big Kenwood mixer so it's a lot easier for me. I would not be able to do any otherwise. When it was cooked, smelt so good, it's got Brandy in it.


Cleaning up today downstairs.

Lindsay, Jamie-Lee, and Jay-Jay, and his friend Brandon came round. They brought Suey as well Summer was very pleased to see her, and soon they both were running around till tired out. Jay-Jay and Brandon did not stay for long but it was very nice to see Jay-Jay. 

Summer and her best friend Suey
Jamie-Lee sneaked in.
Summers got her ears on.
Jamie-Lee with Summer and Suey (and her turn with the ears).

Lindsay and Jamie-Lee stayed a lot longer and for tea. We played Monopoly and it was a good afternoon. We all enjoyed it.

Later watched Celebrity get me out of here, Hollie was voted out, so time for her to go home. There will be one a night till only one left--- the winner. 

Not a lot going on this month so in some ways that's a good thing. Got plenty of knitting and walking done and not much else.  As with most people staying in, is the in thing now. Hopefully, next year will be a better year for everyone. 

Hope things are not too bad with you all-and healthwise as good as it can be.

 All the very best Love Gill.  

No comments:

Leaving comments...

Some people I am told are having trouble leaving a comment.This should help.

Click on to comment next to envelope, at bottom of each posting, write comment, copy Text in box the same as shown, choose ID, click on anonymous, see preview, publish.

You can always leave your name in the comment if you wish.