September 2nd.

On the common with Luna, she decided it would be fun not to come back, when I called her to put on her lead. Told her off and finally got her ready to go home, she is very fast and to her everything is a game. Rest day today as tired from yesterday's gardening. Later the dog next door was barking, the family have gone on holiday and someone is supposed to be looking after him. He barked from the moment they went hardly stopping. At times he had a rest, poor dog, he must have bean exhausted. He upset Luna as well. Why have a dog if you can not make proper arrangements for him. When we see them we will ask what was arranged for the dog. 


A bit better night than lately with Luna. Going to be a hot day again. Going to do a bit more in the garden later. The dogs family came back around ten pm. A long time for a dog to be on its own. I am just pleased they are back. 


Luna was better at coming back on the common today. She comes back every other time but as soon as its lead time she does not listen. She even got a treat from my friend which she enjoyed very much, her first from a another person. Paul spoke to next door family and they said he was being looked after by a an elderly parent. She was deaf that explains the night, but not during day, as she would see him. Usually he only barks when on his own which I think, he was a lot. Any way they are back now and its there dog not mine


Dull to start with then quite hot. Heavy air probably a storm later hopefully. My wrist, the one I broke is very painful spasms and just pain. I think this could be RSD more and more as time goes on. Very warm at night never dropped below 20C. I was even warm and I am usually cold even in the summer. 


Happy Birthday Tommy-Lee, seventeen and Jamie-Lee,eleven. We are seeing them tomorrow as they have plans today. Luna on the common was wild, you would not think she had so little sleep last night.


Saw the grandchildren in the afternoon and Tommy-Lee's girlfriend who I had not previously met. Very preety and petite. Also saw there new puppy, a Border Collie called Bonnie. She was hot so did not have a lot to do with us. Lindsay said she is sleeping at night as well, being in Lindsay's room I think makes a huge difference to a Bonnie. I have said I will not take Luna upstairs as it will not be safe for me.

Went to see my friend Jenny, she is doing well. She has a two seater and three seater settee that she no longer wants as a new one is on its way. Paul took measurements but I think it will be too big we could have the big one but Paul said two or none. She also gave us loads of computer things that her late husband used to use, plus other things. Thank you very much Jenny good to see you. 


Slept in the front room so when Luna cried I just shouted to her "bed time go to sleep" I think it worked but, I said it lots of times. Cleaning up today got it all done apart from the dining room. A neighbour had arranged to have a parcel delivered here, as she would be out. Where did they try to deliver it-again? her  house of course. 


My friend Joy came to see me today. She brought sausage rolls, plus a packet of treats for Luna. This is the first time Joy has seen her and she thought she was lovely. Her nephew has got a pup around the same age as Luna, it's a Great Dane; yes quite a lot bigger. 


Sorting out a few cupboards, you know things you keep just in case then weeks later get rid of them. Chinese tubs which Paul thinks we should have loads of. We now have around ten just in case. The cupboards now look a lot better and you can see what we have got. 


A very wet night and a storm as well. Luna was awake every hour not sure if she knew I was in the front room or the storm upset her. I am going to sort out the knitting cupboard later to see what wool I have. I will soon start the Christmas gifts I am making for family. 


Pilates is back on again 21st not online, like during COVID and after but in the hall like it used to be. I had a choice of sit mostly down or what I used to do a long time ago on a mat. I have decided on the sit down one as later time and I think my body will cope better with this. I have a ten mile round trip on my bike hopefully. There is a bus but that means a half hour walk as it does not come down the high street. I hope my wrist will be ok so I can use my bike. Paul put two new tubes on it so it should go well, all downhill from here on.  I am looking forward to Pilates.   


During the night Luna somehow got upstairs to outside Andrews room, he is up two flights and she sat outside his door. She does not come down on her own, and needs to be carried. She must have cried but no one heard her, why she did not bark I do not know. I then probably would have heard her and every one else as well. She has a big bark for a little dog. I thought I had not heard her during the night and she was having a good one. I still woke up my self quite a few times. Luna is very tired and was upset earlier. I did not take her on the common, it rained a bit and she was just too tired and slept a lot of the day. Hopefully she will not go upstairs in the middle of the night again. 


I thought Luna would not sleep at night, but she did for four hours. For her this is good, when I heard her around six am, I got up and took her out on the grass, she had a wee. Luna then slept till nearly eight am. Good walk on the common, the mornings are beginning to get a bit colder now. Tried to keep Luna awake so if tired she would sleep better Did she no, less than last night. Awake three times then up at six thirty. 

Going to Pilates or that was the plan, another flat tyre there must be something in the outer tyre causing this. Went into town instead to get Paul something for his Birthday next week. 


Colder today 11C felt cold on the common too, I had my gloves on.We saw Mary and Rory, Mary said she was cold. Bit of knitting but wrist and fingers are painful today so not much got done. 


Luna and I saw a friend that had not seen Luna at all. She thought Luna was lovely. She has an cocker-poo, and a German shepherd dog, she is old now and does not get on the common as much and was at home. Bit of a rest day for me. I say that but did over an hour and half ironing. Sheets and mostly Paul's things I stopped for rests so my wrists did not get sore. Bit more knitting of  the yoke of mint green baby cardigan I am making. Seems I have bean making this for ages. 

Went to get a few things for the bathroom from Wickes so Luna was left on her own for a while. When  we got back she had jumped the board across the dining room door twenty six inches high. She is only twelve inches high herself.

Indian for tea/super. Andrew and I went to pick it up as only down the road. We saved around five pound that way. 


Happy Birthday Paul- He liked the things I got him and other things he got. Went to get my tablets on my bike to test it, all seems fine but the brakes need more adjustment. My Sister in law came round to see Paul to give him a card and presents. She gave me a big bar of chocolate for making the little jackets for her to give to Fiona and Lliam for baby Willow.  

Lindsay and Jamie-Lee came round for tea, a Chinese, not from our local one as its closed today. Andrew and I did not think this was as good as very bland. Tonight I am going up to bed as staying down  is not doing a lot of good as I think Luna wants to be in there with me. I did think it helped to start with as she did not get stressed before I heard her. 


Cleaning up a bit but Paul is doing things in the bathroom and making a mess so not worth doing too much. Football match tonight - West ham V Lincoln. Paul is going so is Tracy who supports West Ham. A man got her a ticket right at the front so she was well pleased. West ham won 1-0 but Lincoln had a goal disallowed, offside. Both Paul and Tracy said Lincoln had the better match and should have won.


Pilates try again as my electric bike should be ok now. I biked along on the flat then started to go up hill, a big hill. Power seemed to be judder and no speed. First thought was the battery as I have two of them. This was the older one but it had never let me down before. I got off and decided to walk up the hill pushing my bike but it was too much. I thought if I could just get up the hill I could get to Pilates as flat from there on. No- too much for me as mine is a very heavy bike to push, not to ride though. I turned round and went back home. I was so disappointed another day missed. Paul sent Jo a message and I will ring her later. 

After I had cooled off, as I was so hot my back was wet. I looked at my bike and could hardly be live what I saw another flat tyre. I felt around the outside of the tyre and found a bit of glass. Could this be what has caused all the problems? As for the loss of power this could have bean the tyre going down and making it harder for the motor to get grip fine on the flat but too much on a big hill. After Paul has looked again I will try it on the hill. I just hope it's not the electrics. I hope Jo understands and still keeps my place. Try again next week. 


A good night with Luna two thirty till seven ish. Paul has mended the puncture so hopefully that's all it is.

We got a message today from sister in law Bev that Lliam my Nephew had bean burnt with hot tar while working. Not sure how bad yet, he could need skin grafts. He has bean transferred to Queen Medical Nottingham from Lincoln County hospital. I will update when I know. 

Well not a lot to say this month Luna hopefully is getting better at nights. The rest of the time she is mostly good. She enjoys the walks we have on the common and is meeting lots of new friends. 

Hope things are good with you all all the best love Gill.

No comments:

Leaving comments...

Some people I am told are having trouble leaving a comment.This should help.

Click on to comment next to envelope, at bottom of each posting, write comment, copy Text in box the same as shown, choose ID, click on anonymous, see preview, publish.

You can always leave your name in the comment if you wish.