May  1st

Another warm day, but dull most of the time. Sorting out in the garden trying to get things tidied up a bit, as the last few weeks it has looked a real mess. We are moving the shed forward later this year, so quite a bit of the soil in the raised garden bed had to be removed, also the rhubarb. Then some of the soil and rhubarb put back. A paving slab also has to be cut and placed  in its new position. The jobs have to be done in order so at times the garden will look worse than it did. When finished hopefully it will be worth the effort. 

The dog next door hardly stopped barking, the whole time I was out there. Luna was good and laid in the shade, and at times in the sun. She only barked to tell the dog next door to shut up. She is as fed up of it as we are. Hopefully it will quieten soon. I got quite a lot done but with this virus still hanging on, I was coughing a lot. My back and hips hurt most of the time and kept going into spasms.


I did not go to Pilates as not fit enough. I think the moves would make me cough and my body would ache too much. Hopefully next week I will feel like it. I did do the ironing and a few other bits around the house, very tired all the time. Andrew is not too good either, a really bad chesty cough, the type that makes you sick. He is blaming Andy from across the road. I should not have let him in but he likes to talk. He was coughing a lot, so I think he gave the virus to me and then to Andrew. 


Saw my first set of chicks on the river today. I hope she can keep them safe from the rats and things. I feel very tired today and ache so much. My voice is raspy and my throat is sore, my voice keeps going then coming back again.


Jay-Jay my Grandson is here today to help Paul with cleaning the gutters. He is a roofer so heights do not bother him. Or that's what you would think, but while talking to him he said- he was frighten of heights. I had to ask him twice as I thought I did not hear him correct. He said he did not think how high he was, and then he was fine. Well done Jay-Jay.


Summer did not need her little jacket on today. She looked even smaller with out it. I think she has had it on every day since we got her it last winter.  Cleaning up down stairs today, but ache so much. Andrew is still quite ill the cough he has is keeping him awake. 


Not quite as warm today but still very pleasant as the older people would say. Checking through Aprils Blog as I do not think Andrew is up to it, he usually checks for me be for it gets published for mistakes. Doing a bit more knitting, the little fluffy mitts I am making went a bit wrong. Instead of casting off the second one, I gathered it up like you do on the thumb. I could not get it right so pulled it back to the starting plain  pink part. The fluffy wool is called eyelash with an extra strand. Almost impossible to undo and pick up the stiches again, a bit like Velcro. I soon knitted it up again and all was fine. I will put up some pictures in this Blog later  as I have done a few sets now.


Not a good night, pain every where. I can not lay in bed for long after I wake up. My body just hurts so much and does not get much better though out the day. The walk on the common helps a bit but can cause other bits to hurt as well. Hopefully this virus thing will soon say good bye to me. Also Andrew as well as he still looks so ill, and is. 


Walk on the common so painful. Going up the hill bit I could hardly breathe and could not stop coughing. Good job I did not see any one I knew. I waved to a few other dog walker. Luna and I saw a baby deer. I think it got chassed by a dog. There are a few unreasonable walkers on the common, that think its ok, and even funny to let their dogs chase  the young deer. The little thing passed right in front of us and was running fast. Poor little thing was so scared, I do not think it saw Luna and I.

Later I did a bit in the garden, weird but moving around can make my pain less if I am lucky. Andy came round with a small up right green house for us. Needs patching up a bit and cleaning but I think it will be fine for what Andrew and I want.

Patched up  and all ready filling up.


Andy across the road has pulled a muscle in his chest, he says coughing- but he did do some things in his garden. He went to A and E. He will stay at his parents for a few days to recover. Not sure who is looking after the cat as he has not asked me this time. Another warm day two lots of washing out and dried well. 


Paul at his AGM  so on my own again not that its much different when he is here. I cleaned up a bit, not as much  pain today. A bit more knitting going well this time no more big mistakes. Two friends called in to see me and Luna, David and Catherine. They had bean to the same AGM. Paul won a flower planter which was very nice. He also won two sets of mugs.

This is very preety.

Chinese later for tea very nice I had beef curry and rice.


The slab now is in place and just needs the cement to dry out.The soil and rhubarb can then be put back.  There is rain next week so it will probably not be possible to work in the garden then.


Poor Andrew coughing his guts up and finding it hard to breathe. This was around half two he had bean to bed but had to get up again. I had advised him to take some bronchial mix in hot water. This he said made him worse. I was upset and stayed up with him for an extra hour or so. I could not stay awake any longer. I had bean up since around eight. Going to bed last night as usual around two thirty. Andrew came in and told me to go to bed he was feeling a bit better. This was around four am.

Yes it did rain later and quite a bit too. The gardens are very dry so its good for the rain to come now.


The last few days my back has bean so painful, not sure if its the virus or what, I know it hurts when walking and going up the hills on the common. With the common being so wet again, its better to go up the hills than the flat, as it so boggy, and slippery now, after the rain. The common had actually dried out a bit, but now big puddles again. Welly boots are the standard wear of the common all year round. Last year it hardly dried out all summer.


On the common Luna and I saw three small deer and a hare. We were out early around eight am. This time of the day they are looking for food and playing. What makes me very mad is that some of the dog walkers let their dogs chase after the deer. Simple fix-- keep them on the lead, when near the lakes, where the deer are mostly seen and live. My friend did see a dead one a few weeks back. This probably was not related to a dog, could have bean a fox or even a natural death. I know it shook her up. 


The common after the rain is a sea of yellow buttercups and looks so pretty they are higher than Luna, she is around twelve inches high. 

Sea of Yellow Buttercups.   

Also the conker trees ( horse chestnut) look very preety with their candles standing so proud. 

Cleaning up again, this took a long time finishing around four thirty. I was pleased I did not have to get tea as Chinese tonight. The new one- Chop-Chop is just as good if not better than the old one. Better still its just across the road like the old one.


A sunny day, saw a lot of people on the common I knew. One lady had her little dog with her, its bean quite ill so it was lovely to see her and better still she is well now. 

I sorted out a bit, behind the shed where I keep the pots and garden things. The wind had blown them around a bit and some had gone into the now building site. I got rid of a lot of things that that had bean saved for future use, but never got used. After the shed gets moved this will be done again and will be easier to do. Planted the strawberries which we got off Lindsay. Cooked tea then sat down with my knitting. This time a scarf to go with the hat set, seems to be taking ages to do. 

Andrew is a bit better today I think all the coughing he did, has released some of the congestion from his chest. He said he felt something pop in his chest as well. Very pleased he is improving as I was quite worried about him.


Saw another little deer on the common out early again. He/she was just there eating its breakfast not aware of us at all. Very sweet, I think it was quite a young one. 

Late morning I started work out in the garden again. I filled up three large planters with soil then put in a load of flower seeds. Hopefully some will come up and they should look very preety. The rest of the soil I sieved so ready for any seeds we might have still to do. Andrew has done a lot of the other seeds mostly veg stuff like tomatoes and cucumbers. They are all looking good.

More knitting later the scarf still going slow but getting longer. Feels now like its actually growing. I do hope the little children will like the things I have done. 


Having a rest day today as very tired. A bad head to start with plus full body ache. I know some is from doing the garden but not all. The RSD and the other pain things do not help. Well when has RSD ever helped??? Sat and did a bit more of the scarf I finished it yah, and then realised is was slightly different to the gloves and hat I had made. Never mind I am sure it will be still good for the children.

Paul put up a dark sheet to stop the light coming in the bedroom in the early morning, not sure If I liked it as gloomy darkness. Luna and I did not sleep any longer. Worth a try though.


A strong cold wind on the common feels quite cold today. I put Luna's coat to keep her warm also mine as well. I changed the bedding later and then put out to dry, the the rotary airier was turning round fast making it hard to get them all on. At least they soon dried. 

Today I am having a change from the hat sets, and making glove hand puppets. 


Tonight we had an Indian for tea, and waited ages for it to be delivered. Mine was a bit disappointing as not a lot of flavor or big bits of veg, quite mushy. I did eat it, but not really enjoyed it as much as I was hoping to. Andrew said he had tasted better as well.  


Painted the boarder on the garden wall. Paul could not do it he said he could not reach across. I did it quite easy, the only problem I had was keeping hold of the brush. I am a lot slimmer than him though.  

Lindsay and Jamie-Lee turned up after a bike ride. Both well Jamie played in the garden and helped me move a few bits away from the area to be painted. She also did some chalk games on the path. She seemed in a good and happy mood today. They stayed for tea as well sausage plus mash and veg of course gravy. Jamie-Lee loves gravy. Quite late when they went nearly ten pm. Andy, Jamie-Lee Dad picked them up. Lindsay and Andy are not together but he takes them places they need to go a lot of the time. 


Quite a cold wind on the common. Walked around the common with Debbie and her dog Knippling. I did the ironing later but not too much today. Nice to get it all done and an empty wash basket.

My hand/wrist  I broke is not really getting any better, pins and needles all fingers and pain going up to the elbow. I am going to ring the hospital to see if I can get an appointment to see the Doctor I saw last time. Not easy to speak to any one as the phone is not answered. 


A dull day but not really cold. Good walk on the common. Hopefully going into town today as I need a few things. Also it will be nice to go somewhere apart from the common. When not in pain or very tired I like to look around at the things that the shops have and be amazed at what you can find. 

Paul is volunteering today at the hospital. I was thinking about going to Pilates but decided not too, then Paul got a message that is was not on this week. Hopefully next week back.

I decided to go into town in the afternoon it was raining a bit but ok. Very windy and got colder too, not like the warm days we have had for the last few days. Got most of what I wanted and did not feel too bad coming home.

Here are the pictures of the hat sets I have made so far.

Eight sets in all so far and still plenty of wool left.

Luna--- what have you done?

Nothing yet.

Another Blog gone by, did not seem a month since the last one. I was not so good in this one but improving now. So is Andrew but not quite as well yet. He did get the virus a weeks after me. Mine started around April 12th. Hope you are all keeping well Love Gill.

No comments:

Leaving comments...

Some people I am told are having trouble leaving a comment.This should help.

Click on to comment next to envelope, at bottom of each posting, write comment, copy Text in box the same as shown, choose ID, click on anonymous, see preview, publish.

You can always leave your name in the comment if you wish.